Digital TV News: Plex
Bitcentral streaming solution selected for Rewarded TV
May 25, 2022 – Bitcentral has announced that its FUEL + Powr.tv streaming solution has been chosen by Replay, a real-time video tracking and payments platform, to power its newly launched streaming service Rewarded TV.
News categories: Bitcentral, Rewarded TV, Krish Arvapally, Greg Morrow, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Synamedia acquires content discovery platform provider, Utelly
May 25, 2022 – Synamedia has announced the acquisition of Utelly, a content discovery platform provider. Its offerings include metadata aggregation, search and recommendations, as well as content management and a content promotion engine.
News categories: Synamedia, Utelly, Paul Segre, Romain Eude, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, UK, UX, Worldwide
Gracenote launches Streaming Channels Data
May 24, 2022 – Gracenote has launched Gracenote Streaming Channels Data enabling content discovery platforms to better connect consumers to programming on free ad-supported TV (FAST) channels as well as linear channels on virtual MVPD (vMVPD) services.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
May 17, 2022 – ACCESS Europe has announced that BEAN TECH's in-vehicle infotainment system, powered by ACCESS Twine for Car, has been chosen by Great Wall Motor (GWM) in Europe to provide IVI in its GWM ORA and WEY models.
News categories: ACCESS CO, BEAN TECH, Great Wall Motor, NetRange, Michi Uematsu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, In-Car, Middleware
3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
May 18, 2022 – 3SS and ContentWise have announcd that they intend to transform UX personalization possibilities through the power of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to the benefit of service providers and their subscribers alike.
News categories: 3SS, ContentWise, Tomasz Dzikowski, Paolo Romano, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
May 11, 2022 – NetRange has partnered with Mango TV to bring its Chinese VoD content library to the NetRange Smart TV App Store. Mango TV used NetRange's single integration process, eliminating the need for content agreements with individual brands.
News categories: ACCESS CO, NetRange, Mango TV, Michi Uemetsu, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
May 10, 2022 – Samba TV has announced the release of its State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022, showing a complex viewership landscape marked by a saturated linear TV ad market, increased cord-shaving, and a high likelihood for streaming subscriber churn.
News categories: Samba TV, Ashwin Navin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
TVUP Media selects Ad Insertion Platform
May 5, 2022 – TVUP Media Telecom has selected Ad Insertion Platform (AIP) to monetize its ad inventory through AIP's programmatic premium video ad network. TVUP’s OTT TV platform, Tivify, offers free access to more than 130 streaming channels.
News categories: Ad Insertion Platform, TVUP Media, Laurent Potesta, Eudald Domènech, Advertising, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
Comcast Technology Solutions releases SCTE 224-based linear ad insertion solution
May 3, 2022 – Comcast Technology Solutions has launched a linear addressable advertising solution. The solution uses an SCTE 224 standard notification interface to present rich linear metadata to trigger linear addressable ads.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, Comcast Advertising, Bart Spriester, Larry Allen, Marija Masalskis, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
- Evoca integrates Sling TV into Nextgen TV service
- Penthera improves streaming quality with intelligent buffering
- Roku and Walmart launch onn. Roku TV models in Canada
- Banijay Rights collaborates with Amagi to go FAST
- Bitcentral streaming solution selected for Rewarded TV
- Bezeq signs distribution agreement for Disney+
- Synamedia acquires content discovery platform provider, Utelly
- Gracenote launches Streaming Channels Data
- Mongolia's Univision selects end-to-end solution from Viaccess-Orca
- TV5MONDE expands global reach with Harmonic cloud streaming
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data