Digital TV News: Plex
Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
Nov 18, 2021 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced that Crackle Plus will use Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) entertainment metadata and Gracenote IDs to make Crackle, Popcornflix and Chicken Soup for the Soul streaming service titles more searchable and discoverable.
News categories: Crackle, Gracenote, Philippe Guelton, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Sky New Zealand announces Android TV STB development partners
Nov 17, 2021 – Sky New Zealand has announced partners for the development of its new Android TV-based Sky Box, due for deployment by the middle of 2022. Sky has selected Wyplay, Irdeto and Kaonmedia to provide components of the box's software and hardware.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, Wyplay, Kaonmedia, Irdeto, Sophie Moloney, Jacques Bourgninaud, John Chung Yoon, Shane McCarthy, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
Plex now has more than 200 FAST channels
Nov 15, 2021 – Plex has announced that it now offers over 200 free-to-stream live TV channels. Plex is one of the most widely available ad-supported video on demand and live TV offerings in the industry, available in 193 countries.
News categories: Plex, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Media Distillery and Gracenote optimize EPG utility
Nov 16, 2021 – Media Distillery and Gracenote have created a solution to optimise Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) utility. The offering helps operators improve content navigation through increased guide and recording accuracy.
News categories: Media Distillery, Gracenote, Simon Adams, Roland Sars, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
BEAN TECH selects automotive content aggregation solution from ACCESS
Nov 9, 2021 – ACCESS has announced that its ACCESS Twine for Car (Twine4Car), with content provided by NetRange, has been chosen by BEAN TECH to power an integrated in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) system for next-generation vehicles.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, BEAN TECH, Michi Uematsu, Pingsheng Xie, Apps, Digital TV, In-Car, Worldwide
Amino launches operator-ready RDK-V devices
Nov 9, 2021 – Amino has become an RDK Video Accelerator (RDK-VA) member and now has RDK-V devices and software systems ready for deployment. The first device to receive RDK-VA certification will be the R180.
News categories: Amino, Aferian, Jonny McKee, Donald McGarva, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
Oct 21, 2021 – MediaTek’s Autus I20 (MT2712) chipset has been selected to power Vewd for Automotive, a white-labeled, cloud-managed content aggregation and monetization solution for in-vehicle infotainment.
News categories: Vewd, MediaTek, Aneesh Rajaram, PC Tseng, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Streaming, Worldwide
Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
Oct 20, 2021 – Conviva has announced the availability of its technology and real-time data to enable end-to-end advertising audience measurement for its publisher customers and their ecosystem partners.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
Oct 20, 2021 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) and ATEME have announced that VO's dynamic watermarking is embedded in IRDs and encoders from ATEME, enabling content owners and providers to identify the source of piracy leaks within various distribution channels.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, ATEME, Mathieu Harel, Julien Mandel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service
- Cross Screen Media provides access to Roku ad platform
- CIMM to develop Guide to Converged TV Measurement Providers in the U.S.
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius