Digital TV News: RDK Management
SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
May 26, 2020 – SoftAtHome has announced a product based on RDK open source software for the global video industry. SoftAtHome has enriched the solution for broadcast, broadband and OTT operators with critical new features.
News categories: SoftAtHome, RDK Management, David Viret-Lange, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
RDK now on more than 60 million devices
Mar 19, 2020 – RDK Management has announced that RDK software now powers more than 60 million devices deployed by service providers around the world. RDK is an open source software platform that standardizes core functions used in broadband, video, and IoT connected devices.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadcom unveils portfolio for RDK Video Accelerator program
Sep 10, 2019 – In advance of IBC, RDK Management and Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) have announced an expanded relationship in which Broadcom joined the RDK Video Accelerator program and introduced a portfolio of pre-integrated RDK based chipset solutions.
News categories: RDK Management, Broadcom, Metrological, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2020, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Over 50 million RDK device deployments
Jun 5, 2019 – At ANGA COM 2019, RDK Management shared details about the adoption of RDK open source software used to power customer-premises equipment from video and broadband services providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed is now over 50 million.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Middleware, Worldwide
RDK development platform combines ARRIS STB and Metrological App Store
Apr 8, 2019 – ARRIS has announced the availability of the RDK Lab Accelerator. The Accelerator is based on the ARRIS VIP5202W UHD IP set-top and provides the RDK community with a development platform that uses the latest RDK application framework and pre-integrated Metrological App Store.
News categories: CommScope, RDK Management, Metrological, Larry Robinson, Steve Heeb, Apps, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
AirTies launches RDK-based Wi-Fi solution
Oct 18, 2018 – AirTies has announced plans to make its managed Wi-Fi solution available for devices running the RDK software platform in Q1 2019. The company also disclosed that a Tier 1 operator expects to deploy AirTies' software on an RDK-based CPE in the coming year.
News categories: AirTies, RDK Management, Philippe Alcaras, Steve Heeb, BBWF, CPE, RDK, SCTE•ISBE, Smart Home, Worldwide
RDK launches App Program for service providers
Sep 18, 2018 – RDK Management has unveiled an app program to make it easier to develop and launch apps for RDK-based STBs. Service providers can use a new RDK App Framework to build their own, or choose a pre-integrated solution such as the Metrological App Store.
News categories: RDK Management, Metrological, Steve Heeb, Jeroen Ghijsen, Apps, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
More than 40 million devices now running RDK
Mar 20, 2018 – At the 2018 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided its annual update about the adoption of the RDK software used to power customer-premises equipment (CPE) from video and broadband services providers worldwide.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
RDK Management and Broadcom agree to integrate SDKs
Feb 7, 2018 – RDK Management and Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) have announced that they have entered into a development agreement to integrate chipset-level software development kits (SDKs) from Broadcom with RDK’s open source software.
News categories: RDK Management, Broadcom, Steve Heeb, Rich Nelson, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20