Digital TV News: Rob Glaser
CIBN to use RealNetworks' HD codec for its OTT TV apps
Feb 26, 2018 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced that China International Broadcasting Network (CIBN) will launch a commercial trial of RealNetworks' codec, RealMedia HD, on its OTT HD VIDEO app and Stars China mobile app, China TV.
News categories: RealNetworks, China International Broadcasting Network, Rob Glaser, Hense Jiang, Ke Hengzhong, Apps, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, MWC20, OTT
RealNetworks and CIBN Oriental deploy RealMedia HD video codec
Aug 16, 2017 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced a partnership with CIBN Oriental to enhance the company's TV and mobile video streaming capabilities. RealNetworks' RealMedia HD technology enables CIBN Oriental's users to enjoy their OTT service on large screens as well as on any mobile device.
News categories: RealNetworks, CIBN, Rob Glaser, Morris Zhang, Gong Yuguo, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
RealPlayer Cloud now available worldwide
Feb 24, 2014 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced the global roll-out of RealPlayer® Cloud, allowing users to easily move, watch and share videos on any device or operating system, anywhere in the world.
News categories: RealNetworks, Rob Glaser, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
RealNetworks Introduces RealDVD
Sep 8, 2008 – RealNetworks® has unveiled RealDVD™, a PC application allowing consumers to save their DVDs to their hard drive. RealDVD is licensed DVD software that saves a secure copy of a DVD to the hard drive without removing or altering the CSS encryption.
News categories: RealNetworks, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVD, OTT
- 2020 semiconductor market to decline 0.9% due to coronavirus
- Disney+ already at 50 million subscribers
- Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
- Vodafone selects Synamedia for global cloud TV platform
- Neustar and iSpot.tv unify TV and digital attribution
- Comscore and JW Player partner on contextual targeting for video advertising
- Taiwan Broadband Communications adds HBO GO
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- KT to build IPTV service for 3BB TV in Thailand
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service