Digital TV News: Roger Gregory
Alticast and Entropic to showcase RDK at IBC 2013
Sep 5, 2013 – At IBC 2013, Alticast and Entropic (NASDAQ: ENTR) will demonstrate Reference Design Kit (RDK) and RDK set-top box solutions. The IBC demonstrations will showcase Alticast's integration expertise on Entropic's SoC platform.
News categories: Alticast, Entropic, Cable TV, IBC, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
EKT, Entropic and nangu.TV deliver advanced set-top box to Telefonica
Aug 26, 2013 – EKT (Eagle Kingdom Technologies) has been selected by Telefonica Czech Republic to supply their new interactive set-top box, based on an Entropic ARM® Cortex™ A-9 secure integrated circuit (IC).
News categories: Entropic, Eagle Kingdom, nangu.TV, Telefonica Czech Republic, Digital TV, IBC, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Entropic announces support for Irdeto Media Protection
Aug 6, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its EN75xx family of high definition set-top box systems-on-a-chip for satellite, cable and IPTV markets now support Irdeto Media Protection.
News categories: Entropic, Irdeto, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Entropic, Opera develop HTML5-compliant browser for client set-top boxes
Jun 10, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Opera Software (OSE:OPERA) have announced their collaboration on a joint solution based on Opera's advanced HTML5 browser running on Entropic's powerful set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) platform, the EN7588.
News categories: Entropic, Opera Software, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Entropic unveils cost-optimized set-top box SoCs at CCBN
Mar 21, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced the EN71xy family of set-top box SoCs. The products are designed for DTAs (digital terminal adapter), cable and terrestrial zappers and IP-Clients. Entropic is demonstrating the power and performance of the family at CCBN in Beijing.
News categories: Entropic, CCBN, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
NXP advances digital switchover with new integrated set-top box platform
Mar 17, 2009 – NXP Semiconductors has unveiled the new STB150 system solution, delivering a complete production-ready platform for the fast growing digital cable TV services market. NXP will be demonstrating the STB150 reference design at the CCBN show in Beijing.
News categories: NXP, iPanel, Cable TV, CCBN, China, DVR, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
NXP Brings the Next Consumer Experience to Life at CES 2008
Jan 7, 2008 – NXP is showcasing at CES 2008 the vibrant media technologies that allow consumers to enjoy better sensory experiences - brilliant images, crisp clear sound and easy sharing of information in homes, cars and mobile devices.
News categories: NXP, CES2022, DVR, In-Car, Mobile, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way