Digital TV News: Roland Sars
3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
Dec 6, 2019 – 3SS, with Media Distillery and XroadMedia, has created an end-to-end video experience platform which enables Android TV providers to make Linear-on-Demand (LoD) a reality. LoD collects and curates video assets from a diverse range of sources and assembles them in a personalized linear experience.
News categories: 3SS, Media Distillery, XroadMedia, Kai-Christian Borchers, Roland Sars, Tom Dvorak, Android TV, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Media Distillery launches Cloud AI platform with Eutelsat
Sep 4, 2019 – Media Distillery has launched its Cloud-based AI platform, with Eutelsat as the first partner. Media Distillery AI uses Deep Content Understanding to provide Next Generation Metadata, including faces, speech, topics, logos and text recognition.
News categories: Media Distillery, Eutelsat, Roland Sars, Bruno Cattan, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
YouSee and Media Distillery use AI to enhance the TV viewing experience
Aug 27, 2019 – YouSee and Media Distillery have announced that they have partnered on the use of AI to improve the television viewing experience and to provide a clean on-demand experience, offering an experience similar to that of online video subscription services.
News categories: Media Distillery, YouSee, Roland Sars, Henrik Harder, Big Data, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, UX
3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
May 15, 2019 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) and Media Distillery have joined forces to launch and commercialize a pre-integrated AI-based end-to-end platform which enables TV service personalization and a range of benefits for operators and their subscribers.
News categories: 3SS, Media Distillery, Kai-Christian Borchers, Roland Sars, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Telenet and Media Distillery partner to improve timeshifted viewing experience
Sep 12, 2018 – Telenet and Media Distillery are announcing at IBC that they are using AI to improve the viewing experience for users of PVRs and replay services. The solution is based on Media Distillery's technology for accurately identifying when programmes actually start.
News categories: Media Distillery, Telenet, Roland Sars, Dimme Pleysier, Belgium, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2022, UX
- PEAK3 ATSC 3.0 one-to-many solution for IoT and Edge use cases
- Verimatrix launches VCAS monitoring in the Cloud
- Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
- Allegro DVT and V-Nova collaborate to accelerate LCEVC deployment
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia