Digital TV News: Ronald Brockmann
ActiveVideo, Intel reduce Virtual Set-Top Box data center capex to $1/sub
Sep 9, 2014 – ActiveVideo has announced increases in the scalability and efficiency of cloud-based virtual set-top box solutions for TV guides, online video and interactive advertising on the television using Intel technology.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Intel Corp, Eric Mentzer, Jens Wiegand, Ronald Brockmann, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HTML5, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Glashart Media selects ActiveVideo CloudTV H5 platform
Sep 12, 2013 – ActiveVideo has announced that Glashart Media, a Dutch IPTV service provider, has executed a system-wide upgrade of its interactive services to the ActiveVideo CloudTV™ H5 software platform.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Glashart Media, Niels Jonkman, Ronald Brockmann, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Netherlands
ActiveVideo to Demo Ability of CloudTV to Support HTML5 Ecosystem
Sep 7, 2011 – ActiveVideo Networks will demonstrate at IBC how CloudTV's support of HTML5 can significantly expand the ability of multichannel video service providers to deliver rich user interfaces and content to the television.
News categories: ActiveVideo, CAM, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Streaming
3D TV User Interface to Any STB or CI+ Device to be Unveiled at ActiveVideo Networks Exhibit at IBC
Sep 2, 2010 – A 3D TV User Interface that can be delivered to any existing set-top box, CI+ television or Web-connected device will be among the cloud-based innovations that will be demonstrated by ActiveVideo Networks at IBC September 9-14.
News categories: ActiveVideo, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box
Avinity Systems and Neotion bring interactive applications to CI Plus TVs
May 25, 2009 – Avinity Systems and Neotion have integrated their offerings to bring applications such as VoD navigation, interactive ads and accessing web video to TV sets with CI Plus capability, without the need for a separate two way Set Top Box.
News categories: Neotion, Avinity Systems, ANGA COM, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022