Digital TV News: Samir Armaly
Xperi and Comcast agree patent licensing deal
Nov 9, 2020 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) and Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) have announced that they have entered into a 15-year patent license agreement. The agreement resolves all of the outstanding litigation between the companies.
News categories: Xperi Holding, Comcast, Samir Armaly, Peter Kiriacoulacos, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo signs IP license deal with Roku
Apr 12, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has signed an IP license agreement with Roku. Additionally, the deal includes an option for Roku to access TiVo’s entertainment metadata and other TiVo products.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Roku, Samir Armaly, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Rovi and Intellectual Ventures create OTT patent licensing program
Feb 1, 2016 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) and Intellectual Ventures (IV) have announced that the companies are collaborating to bring together their patent portfolios under a unified licensing program focused on over-the-top (OTT) offerings.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Intellectual Ventures, Samir Armaly, Cory Van Arsdale, Licensing, Patent, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Ruling on Rovi litigation with Virgin Media
Nov 30, 2009 – The High Court of Justice in the United Kingdom has issued its judgment in Rovi's (NASDAQ: ROVI) patent infringement litigation against Virgin Media (NASDAQ, LSE: VMED). The Court found that Virgin had infringed each of the patents but also found them to be invalid.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Virgin Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, Licensing, Middleware, Patent, Set Top Box, UK
Macrovision and ADB Sign Patent Licensing Agreement
Jul 9, 2009 – Macrovision [NASDAQ: MVSN] and Advanced Digital Broadcast (ADB) [SIX:ADBN] have entered into a patent license agreement for Interactive Program Guides (IPGs) for consumer electronic products.
News categories: Macrovision, Advanced Digital Broadcast, Licensing, Middleware, Patent, Set Top Box
Macrovision Inks Extended Interactive Program Guide License Agreement with Sony
Aug 13, 2008 – Under the extended agreement between Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) and Sony (Tokyo:6758), an interactive program guide (IPG) will be incorporated into PlayTV™, a combined TV tuner and PVR for PLAYSTATION®3, due to be released later this year.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Macrovision, Digital TV, DVR, Europe, Gaming, Middleware, Portable
Gemstar-TV Guide Expands European Patent Licensing Through Agreement with Humax, a Leading Provider of Retail Set-Top Boxes
Mar 24, 2008 – Gemstar-TV Guide (NASDAQ: GMST) has signed an agreement with Humax which includes a patent license allowing Humax to incorporate interactive program guides (IPGs) in retail digital set-top boxes that are distributed throughout Europe.
News categories: Gemstar-TV Guide, Humax, Europe, Licensing, Middleware, Patent, Set Top Box
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope