Digital TV News: Samir Armaly
Xperi and Comcast agree patent licensing deal
Nov 9, 2020 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) and Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) have announced that they have entered into a 15-year patent license agreement. The agreement resolves all of the outstanding litigation between the companies.
News categories: Xperi Holding, Comcast, Samir Armaly, Peter Kiriacoulacos, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo signs IP license deal with Roku
Apr 12, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has signed an IP license agreement with Roku. Additionally, the deal includes an option for Roku to access TiVo’s entertainment metadata and other TiVo products.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Roku, Samir Armaly, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Rovi and Intellectual Ventures create OTT patent licensing program
Feb 1, 2016 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) and Intellectual Ventures (IV) have announced that the companies are collaborating to bring together their patent portfolios under a unified licensing program focused on over-the-top (OTT) offerings.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Intellectual Ventures, Samir Armaly, Cory Van Arsdale, Licensing, Patent, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Ruling on Rovi litigation with Virgin Media
Nov 30, 2009 – The High Court of Justice in the United Kingdom has issued its judgment in Rovi's (NASDAQ: ROVI) patent infringement litigation against Virgin Media (NASDAQ, LSE: VMED). The Court found that Virgin had infringed each of the patents but also found them to be invalid.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Virgin Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, Licensing, Middleware, Patent, Set Top Box, UK
Macrovision and ADB Sign Patent Licensing Agreement
Jul 9, 2009 – Macrovision [NASDAQ: MVSN] and Advanced Digital Broadcast (ADB) [SIX:ADBN] have entered into a patent license agreement for Interactive Program Guides (IPGs) for consumer electronic products.
News categories: Macrovision, Advanced Digital Broadcast, Licensing, Middleware, Patent, Set Top Box
Macrovision Inks Extended Interactive Program Guide License Agreement with Sony
Aug 13, 2008 – Under the extended agreement between Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) and Sony (Tokyo:6758), an interactive program guide (IPG) will be incorporated into PlayTV™, a combined TV tuner and PVR for PLAYSTATION®3, due to be released later this year.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Macrovision, Digital TV, DVR, Europe, Gaming, Middleware, Portable
Gemstar-TV Guide Expands European Patent Licensing Through Agreement with Humax, a Leading Provider of Retail Set-Top Boxes
Mar 24, 2008 – Gemstar-TV Guide (NASDAQ: GMST) has signed an agreement with Humax which includes a patent license allowing Humax to incorporate interactive program guides (IPGs) in retail digital set-top boxes that are distributed throughout Europe.
News categories: Gemstar-TV Guide, Humax, Europe, Licensing, Middleware, Patent, Set Top Box
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform