Digital TV News: Samir Armaly
Xperi and Comcast agree patent licensing deal
Nov 9, 2020 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) and Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) have announced that they have entered into a 15-year patent license agreement. The agreement resolves all of the outstanding litigation between the companies.
News categories: Xperi Holding, Comcast, Samir Armaly, Peter Kiriacoulacos, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo signs IP license deal with Roku
Apr 12, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has signed an IP license agreement with Roku. Additionally, the deal includes an option for Roku to access TiVo’s entertainment metadata and other TiVo products.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Roku, Samir Armaly, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Rovi and Intellectual Ventures create OTT patent licensing program
Feb 1, 2016 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) and Intellectual Ventures (IV) have announced that the companies are collaborating to bring together their patent portfolios under a unified licensing program focused on over-the-top (OTT) offerings.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Intellectual Ventures, Samir Armaly, Cory Van Arsdale, Licensing, OTT, Patent, UX, Worldwide
Ruling on Rovi litigation with Virgin Media
Nov 30, 2009 – The High Court of Justice in the United Kingdom has issued its judgment in Rovi's (NASDAQ: ROVI) patent infringement litigation against Virgin Media (NASDAQ, LSE: VMED). The Court found that Virgin had infringed each of the patents but also found them to be invalid.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Virgin Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, Licensing, Middleware, Patent, Set Top Box, UK
Macrovision and ADB Sign Patent Licensing Agreement
Jul 9, 2009 – Macrovision [NASDAQ: MVSN] and Advanced Digital Broadcast (ADB) [SIX:ADBN] have entered into a patent license agreement for Interactive Program Guides (IPGs) for consumer electronic products.
News categories: Macrovision, Advanced Digital Broadcast, Licensing, Middleware, Patent, Set Top Box
Macrovision Inks Extended Interactive Program Guide License Agreement with Sony
Aug 13, 2008 – Under the extended agreement between Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) and Sony (Tokyo:6758), an interactive program guide (IPG) will be incorporated into PlayTV™, a combined TV tuner and PVR for PLAYSTATION®3, due to be released later this year.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Macrovision, Digital TV, DVR, Europe, Gaming, Middleware, Portable
Gemstar-TV Guide Expands European Patent Licensing Through Agreement with Humax, a Leading Provider of Retail Set-Top Boxes
Mar 24, 2008 – Gemstar-TV Guide (NASDAQ: GMST) has signed an agreement with Humax which includes a patent license allowing Humax to incorporate interactive program guides (IPGs) in retail digital set-top boxes that are distributed throughout Europe.
News categories: Gemstar-TV Guide, Humax, Europe, Licensing, Middleware, Patent, Set Top Box
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- MovieLabs updates Enhanced Content Protection specification
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform