Digital TV News: Sky
Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
Sep 26, 2023 – Mirada has signed a contract with MNC to develop the next stage of Vision+'s streaming service for Indonesia, based on Mirada's Iris OTT platform.
News categories: Mirada, Vision+, MNC, José-Luis Vázquez, Clarissa Tanoesoedibjo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Streaming, UX
Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
Sep 7, 2023 – DIAGNAL has supported enhancements to Intigral's entertainment services, working on improving navigation, introducing a kids mode, creating a branded sports section and launching the service in French.
News categories: DIAGNAL, Intigral, Reuben Verghese, Bill Sharp, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming, UX
Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
Sep 20, 2023 – Skyline has announced that du has chosen its DataMiner Platform for its new Al Qudra teleport as well as for monitoring of its new broadcast center providing DTH, IPTV and OTT services.
News categories: Skyline, du, Ben Vandenberghe, Saleem AlBlooshi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, UAE
DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
Sep 16, 2023 – MainStreaming has announced the continued expansion of the DAZN Edge platform in DAZN’s core European markets. DAZN Edge is built with MainStreaming's proprietary Video Edge technology.
News categories: MainStreaming, DAZN, Antonio Corrado, Robin Oakley, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Hybrid AVOD-SVOD revenues to triple to $20 billion by 2029
Sep 19, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, Netflix, Disney+, HBO and Paramount+ will together create hybrid AVOD-SVOD revenues of $20 billion by 2029, up from $6 billion in 2023.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
TiVo releases first UK Video Trends Report
Sep 14, 2023 – Research released by TiVo (NYSE: XPER) from its UK Video Trends Report reveals that almost half of all UK consumers have not reduced their video spending due to increases in the cost of living.
News categories: Xperi, Gabriel Cosgrave, Digital TV, IBC2023, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming, UK, UX
OTT specialist TeraVolt becomes part of Qvest Group
Sep 14, 2023 – Qvest has strengthened its portfolio with the acquisition of TeraVolt, adding capabilities that include development, consulting and project support, testing and operations, and metadata optimization.
News categories: Qvest, TeraVolt, Peter Nöthen, Tobias Künkel, Apps, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming
CTS launches cloud-based managed channel origination service in EMEA
Sep 13, 2023 – Comcast Technology Solutions (CTS) has launched a cloud-based Managed Channel Origination service for customers in EMEA, combining Sky's infrastructure and operations with the capabilities of CTS.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, Sky, Bart Spriester, Fraser Stirling, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2023, Middle-East
RDK6 adds enhancements for IP and hybrid QAM/DVB set-tops
Sep 13, 2023 – Ahead of the 2023 RDK Summit in Amsterdam, RDK Management has announced RDK6 – the newest open-source software bundle designed to power video customer-premise equipment (CPE) for pay TV operators.
News categories: RDK Management, Jason Briggs, Gavin Sheldon, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set