Digital TV News: Socionext
Socionext delivers H.264 video encoder on AWS
Sep 8, 2020 – Socionext has developed an H.264 video encoder available on AWS. The encoder helps video distributors expedite their content production to delivery time by 70% without compromising on quality.
News categories: Socionext, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Socionext releases multistandard DVB/ISDB demodulator IC
Sep 11, 2019 – Socionext has announced a dual-channel, multi-standard digital TV demodulator, the SC1502AF-02. It is a successor to the SC1501A, the world's first demodulator compatible with both ISDB-S3 and J.183, and now supports other standards including DVB-T and DVB-S.
News categories: Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
Jul 17, 2019 – Socionext has released its e8 streaming encoder. The e8 generates live 8K video streams to enable the expanded use of high-definition video in an increasingly wide range of applications. It will be available worldwide in September 2019.
News categories: Socionext, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Socionext develops HDMI 2.1 compatible video processing ICs
Oct 15, 2018 – Socionext has developed a family of the world's first HDMI 2.1 compatible video processing ICs, designed for transmission and reception of 8K video. Socionext will provide live demonstrations of the HV5 series at CEATEC Japan 2018.
News categories: Socionext, Digital TV, Japan, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
V-Nova PERSEUS Plus now available on Socionext's SC2A11 processor
Sep 10, 2018 – V-Nova has announced the availability of its PERSEUS Plus SDK for Socionext's SC2A11. The joint solution leverages both the compression performance of PERSEUS Plus and the density and power-efficiency of the Socionext media processor.
News categories: V-Nova, Socionext, Guido Meardi, Tom Miyake, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Semiconductor, Worldwide
SiTune samples first tuner supporting Japan's 8K TV satellite standard
Nov 14, 2017 – SiTune has announced the availability of STN6528 production samples for its customers. The STN6528 is the industry's first tuner to support the Advanced Wide Band Digital Satellite Broadcasting Standard ISDB-S3 needed to broadcast 8K Super Hi-VISION digital TV via satellite.
News categories: SiTune, Socionext, Ben Runyan, Kenichi Katada, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Socionext 'Sea of Transcoders' accelerates server video processing
Aug 10, 2017 – Socionext has announced its 'Media Cloud' program, designed to provide more than a tenfold improvement in server performance for video processing in the data center. Under the program, Socionext will collaborate with partner companies to deliver data center servers and related services.
News categories: Socionext, Tom Miyake, Yasuhiro Wakimoto, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ACCESS NetFront Browser BE v2.4 powers HTML5-based entertainment up to 8K
Jul 27, 2017 – ACCESS CO has announced the release of its NetFront Browser BE SDK v2.4 for Linux and Android. The HTML5 compliant browser provides a standards-based solution for operators looking to deploy a single service across multiple platforms.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Dr Neale Foster, Digital TV, HTML5, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Socionext develops small, low power 4K/60p HEVC codec
Apr 11, 2017 – Socionext has introduced the SC2M50, an HEVC/H.265 codec IC. Sample shipments will start in May 2017. The company will demonstrate the device at the NAB show in Las Vegas.
News categories: Socionext, Digital TV, NABShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering