Digital TV News: Spacecom
Yes DTH extends service agreement with Spacecom
Jul 12, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has signed a two-year extension deal with D.B.S. Satellite Services, operator of Yes DTH in Israel, to continue the DTH's operations from AMOS-7 and AMOS-3 at 4°W.
News categories: Spacecom, D.B.S. Satellite Services, Dan Zajicek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite
Magyar Telekom extends AMOS-3 DTH agreement with Spacecom
Jul 5, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that T-Home DTH has signed an extension contract with Spacecom. T-Home DTH broadcasts over 160 channels to Hungary, including over 30 in HD, via the AMOS fleet at the 4°W.
News categories: Spacecom, Magyar Telekom, Oren Tepper, Dan Zajicek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, Satellite
Spacecom and NOVELSAT demonstrate video delivery over AMOS-17 satellite
Aug 19, 2020 – Spacecom (TASE: SCC) and NOVELSAT have demonstrated end-to-end delivery of video over AMOS-17, from network core to network edge, serving user devices over a wireless network and showcasing a high-quality user experience.
News categories: Spacecom, NOVELSAT, Eran Shapiro, Aviv Ronai, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
PanAccess’ Nigerian bouquet now on Amos-17
Feb 3, 2020 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that it is providing Ku-band capacity from its AMOS-17 communication satellite to PanAccess for broadcasting to Nigeria. PanAccess’ bouquet, originating in Germany, is broadcast from 17°E.
News categories: Spacecom, PanAccess, Eyal Altshuler, Roland Schlichting, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
Sep 14, 2019 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that ViewMedia will launch a digital broadcast platform on AMOS-17 located at 17°E. The platform will provide DVB-S2 broadcast services to West Africa for a primarily Francophone audience.
News categories: Spacecom, ViewMedia, Ido Ginsburg, Safia Rana, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBC, Satellite
AMOS-17 successfully launched
Aug 7, 2019 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has confirmed the successful launch of its AMOS-17 satellite en route to its 17°E orbital position. AMOS-17 has C-Band HTS, Ka-band and Ku-band capabilities. During the next weeks, the satellite will begin its testing processes in orbit.
News categories: Spacecom, David Pollack, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
AMOS-7 communication satellite begins operation
Feb 27, 2017 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that the AMOS-7 communications satellite is now providing a wide range of television and data communication services from its 4°W ‘hot-spot’ orbital position.
News categories: Spacecom, Jacob Keret, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
Nepal's DishHome adds capacity on AMOS-4
Mar 2, 2016 – Spacecom has announced that Nepal's Dish Media Network has entered into another long-term contract adding more capacity to its current capacity on AMOS-4.
News categories: Spacecom, Dish Media Network, David Pollack, Sudeep Acharya, Content Distribution, Nepal, Satellite
Nigeria's ConSat TV DTH chooses AMOS-5 at 17°E
Feb 10, 2015 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that the AMOS-5 satellite at the 17°E prime orbital position has been chosen to transmit ConSat TV (Continental Satellite), a DTH provider in Nigeria.
News categories: Spacecom, ConSat TV, Eitan Mesika, Mayo Okunola, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service