Digital TV News: Steve Collar
Sky UK expands satellite capacity agreement with SES
May 3, 2022 – Audiences across the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland will continue to enjoy their favourite premium content via Sky UK, as the pay-TV operator has extended multiple transponder contracts with SES.
News categories: SES S.A, Sky UK, Steve Collar, Patrick Behar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, UK
SES orders SES-26 satellite from Thales Alenia Space
Mar 28, 2022 – SES has ordered SES-26, a fully software-defined geostationary (GEO) satellite, from Thales Alenia Space. The digital satellite with both Ku-band and C-band frequencies will replace SES's NSS-12 satellite at 57° East.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, Steve Collar, Hervé Derrey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
SES orders two Ku-band satellites for 19.2° East
Nov 22, 2021 – SES has ordered two geostationary (GEO) Ku-band satellites for its prime orbital slot at 19.2 degrees East to maintain the premium services it provides to its European video customers and to capture new opportunities in the region.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, Steve Collar, Hervé Derrey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Dish México selects SES's Online Video Platform for OTT
Nov 3, 2021 – SES has announced that Dish Mexico has selected its Online Video Platform (OVP) for OTT content delivery. Additionally, Dish Mexico has extended its contract with SES for satellite capacity on QuetzSat-1.
News categories: SES S.A, Dish México, Steve Collar, Roger Quintin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite, Streaming
SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
Jun 15, 2021 – SES has announced that it will continue delivering Comcast Technology Solutions' Managed Satellite Distribution service that currently reaches hundreds of MVDP systems across the U.S.
News categories: SES S.A, Comcast Technology Solutions, Steve Collar, Allison Olien, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
SES now reaches 361 million TV homes worldwide
Mar 23, 2021 – SES has announced the results of its annual Satellite Monitor market research. SES now delivers 8,265 channels, with almost 3,000 in HD, to a total of 361 million households worldwide.
News categories: SES S.A, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
Feb 25, 2021 – Sky UK has extended its contract with SES for satellite capacity in an agreement that will add over €90 million in secured backlog. The renewal is in addition to capacity already under contract that extends through 2027.
News categories: SES S.A, Sky, Steve Collar, Patrick Behar, Content Distribution, Ireland, Satellite, UK
CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
Oct 29, 2020 – SES and CANAL+ have signed agreements for satellite capacity across three geographies, strengthening the companies’ longstanding partnership and underlining the importance of satellite in delivering premium content to more than 10 million subscribers.
News categories: SES S.A, CANAL+, Steve Collar, Jacques du Puy, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Eutelsat partners with Intelsat and SES in U.S. C-band spectrum proposal
Jul 12, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I), SES (Paris: SESG) and Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) have announced that they are aligned on a market-based proposal for the future use of the lower C-band spectrum in the U.S. Eutelsat has agreed to join a proposal initiated by Intelsat, Intel and SES.
News categories: Eutelsat, Intelsat, SES S.A, Rodolphe Belmer, Stephen Spengler, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December