Digital TV News: Streamroot
CenturyLink acquires Streamroot
Sep 10, 2019 – CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) has acquired Streamroot to improve video and static content delivery within bandwidth constrained areas. The acquisition represents another step in CenturyLink's commitment to innovation as a leader in CDN and Edge Compute services.
News categories: CenturyLink, Streamroot, Bill Wohnoutka, Pierre-Louis Theron, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
CenturyLink offers global Mesh Delivery platform for bandwidth-heavy streamed content
Apr 4, 2019 – CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) has partnered with Streamroot to combine Streamroot's peer-to-peer networking with CenturyLink's CDN. Called CenturyLink© CDN Mesh Delivery, the platform leverages a software-based mesh network to easily manage peak traffic loads.
News categories: CenturyLink, Streamroot, Bill Wohnoutka, Pierre-Louis Théron, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Content Armor, Streamroot, VideoLab and IDVIU create the Union of Video Specialists
Mar 29, 2019 – Streamroot, Content Armor, VideoLab and IDVIU have announced that they are teaming up to launch the Union of Video Specialists, a consortium of technologies and solutions for the management and deployment of consumer video infrastructure.
News categories: IDVIU, VideoLab, Content Armor, Streamroot, Union of Video Specialists, Rabah Guendouz, Jean-Baptiste Kempf, Alain Durand, Pierre-Louis Theron, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
M6 Group chooses Streamroot CDN for its 6play OTT platform
Mar 25, 2019 – Streamroot has announced that it has been selected by French media group M6 to power VoD and live video delivery for its online video platform, 6Play. M6 has chosen Streamroot as its peer-accelerated CDN provider.
News categories: Streamroot, M6 Group, Pierre-Louis Theron, Yann Verry, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Streaming
France Télévisions chooses Streamroot as its peer-to-peer video CDN provider
Feb 14, 2019 – Streamroot has announced that it has been selected by France Télévisions to power VoD and live video delivery for its online video platform. France Télévisions selected Streamroot as its peer-to-peer streaming provider following a public tender.
News categories: Streamroot, France Télévisions, Pierre-Louis Theron, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Streaming
TF1 selects Streamroot delivery technology to power its online video
May 3, 2018 – Streamroot has announced that TF1 Group has chosen Streamroot’s technology to deliver its online video content. TF1 is the leading private-sector FTA broadcaster in France. It broadcasts five channels (TF1, TMC, TFX, TF1 SERIES FILMS and LCI).
News categories: Streamroot, TF1, Pierre-Louis Theron, Nicolas Theraroz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Streaming
Streamroot and Veygo team up for multiscreen video delivery
Apr 23, 2017 – Streamroot and Veygo have announced the integration of their core streaming solutions with the aim of enabling content publishers to deliver high quality video at a predictable, scalable cost across user platforms.
News categories: Streamroot, Veygo, Pierre-Louis Théron, Jean-Christophe Perier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
Vivendi selects Streamroot for OTT video delivery
Apr 21, 2017 – Streamroot has announced that it has entered into an agreement to help Vivendi deliver large-scale OTT video content. Vivendi is implementing Streamroot DNA to improve quality of experience and cut operating costs.
News categories: Streamroot, Canal+ Group, Vivendi, Pierre-Louis Théron, Philippe Rivas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Satellite, Streaming
Dailymotion selects Streamroot for OTT video delivery
Oct 26, 2016 – Streamroot has announced that Dailymotion has selected Streamroot to better control cost and quality of service. Dailymotion has implemented Streamroot’s patented peer-to-peer delivery technology on both its live and VoD content.
News categories: Streamroot, Dailymotion, Pierre-Louis Théron, Pierre-Yves Kerembellec, Guillaume du Pontavice, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes