Digital TV News: Telestream
Telestream announces next generation of centralized video monitoring
Aug 30, 2022 – Telestream has announced ARGUS, its next generation centralized video monitoring management platform. ARGUS enables automated surveillance of each video transition point with data aggregation from monitoring probes across the video delivery chain.
News categories: Telestream, Charlie Dunn, Digital TV, IBC2022, QoE, Worldwide
Telestream integrates with Verimatrix Streamkeeper Multi-DRM
Aug 29, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) and Telestream have announced that Surveyor ABR Active, Telestream iQ's ABR streaming QoE and QoS monitoring technology, is integrated within Verimatrix StreamkeeperSM Multi-DRM.
News categories: Verimatrix, Telestream, Sebastian Braun, Joel Daly, Digital TV, DRM, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Telestream acquires Encoding.com
May 17, 2022 – Telestream has acquired Encoding.com, a cloud media processing platform used by customers around the globe. The acquisition solidifies Telestream's leadership in file-based video media workflows and orchestration from on-prem to cloud.
News categories: Telestream, Encoding.com, Dan Castles, Gregg Heil, Jeff Malkin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
MainConcept to demo cloud-ready 8K encoding at NAB Show 2022
Apr 20, 2022 – At their NAB Show booth, MainConcept will highlight their advancements in 8K-optimized cloud encoding and illustrate why MainConcept’s technologies are essential ingredients used in processing over 90% of today’s professional videos.
News categories: MainConcept, Deacon Johnson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Verimatrix launches security platform for content, apps and devices
Feb 15, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has launched its Verimatrix Secure Delivery Platform, a cloud ecosystem that combines cybersecurity and anti-piracy services, for media companies, content owners, streaming media providers and broadcast operators.
News categories: Verimatrix, Asaf Ashkenazi, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
Telestream & NPAW integrate network and client video QoE solutions
Jun 29, 2021 – Telestream and NPAW have integrated NPAW's Youbora and the Telestream IQ Video Quality Assurance Solution to enable users to monitor and quickly respond to issues arising in video processing and distribution paths.
News categories: Telestream, NPAW, Calvin Harrison, Ferran G. Vilaró, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, Worldwide
CCTV broadcasts live 8K Ultra HD channel over 5G with Telestream
Feb 11, 2021 – China Central TV (CCTV) has tested live 8K UHD TV over a 5G network. The test broadcast used Telestream’s full IP solution with Telestream monitoring used throughout the production and distribution workflows.
News categories: Telestream, China Central TV, 5G, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Telestream & Skyline develop cloud-based OTT operations management solution
Feb 3, 2021 – Telestream has announced a collaboration with Skyline Communications to integrate Telestream’s cloud-based video monitoring with Skyline’s DataMiner network management, orchestration and operations support.
News categories: Skyline Communications, Telestream, Steven Soenens, Ken Haren, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Telestream integrates Ad-ID validation to ensure correct ad placement
May 19, 2020 – Telestream has announced Vantage Ad-ID Integration. Ad-ID is the industry standard for identifying advertising assets. Ad-ID integration enables Vantage to validate that the correct ads are being played out in the right place at the right time.
News categories: Telestream, Ad-ID, Scott Matics, Harold S Geller, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December