Digital TV News: TelevisaUnivision
Akta powers AVOD, SVOD, Live Streaming and FAST for ViX
Oct 3, 2023 – TelevisaUnivision has announced that Akta's Cloud Video Platform is powering AVOD, SVOD, Live and FAST Channels for ViX, its Spanish language streaming service.
News categories: Akta, ViX, TelevisaUnivision, Alper Turgut, Michael Cerda, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Mexico, Streaming, USA
Nielsen solution measures content viewing across all device types
May 3, 2023 – Nielsen has introduced Nielsen ONE Content Alpha, delivering measurement of content viewing across all device types. Nielsen ONE Content uses Gracenote ID for entertainment content identification.
News categories: Nielsen, Deirdre Thomas, Jon Turner, Roberto Ruiz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
LTN powers live soccer streaming at scale for TelevisaUnivision
Apr 11, 2023 – TelevisaUnivision is using LTN's fully managed production service to deliver live sports events for its streaming service, ViX, available across the U.S. and Latin America.
News categories: LTN, TelevisaUnivision, Malik Khan, Olek Loewenstein, Digital TV, Latin America, NABShow, Streaming, USA
U.S. JIC reveals certification criteria for premium video measurement
Mar 6, 2023 – OpenAP on behalf of the U.S. JIC has announced the publication of initial requirements for premium video cross-platform currencies, a milestone in coalescing the industry around common standards.
News categories: OpenAP, David Levy, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Brightcove launches ad monetization service for media companies
Mar 7, 2023 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has launched Brightcove Ad Monetization, enabling media companies to better monetize their live and VOD content with improved yield optimization.
News categories: Brightcove, Marc DeBevoise, David Beck, Michael Dorf, Advertising, Digital TV, Worldwide
NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
Jan 31, 2023 – Six television stations in Boston have launched NEXTGEN TV. The stations are: WUNI (Univision; channel 27); WCVB (ABC; channel 5); WFXT (FOX; channel 25); GBH (PBS; channel 2); WBZ (CBS; channel 4) and WBTS (NBC; channel 10).
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Theodore Stoner, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
U.S. programmers cooperate on measurement and viewership data through OpenAP
Jan 9, 2023 – OpenAP, with Fox, NBCUniversal, Paramount, TelevisaUnivision, and Warner Bros. Discovery and the VAB, are working together to develop a measurement certification process and a unified streaming viewership dataset.
News categories: OpenAP, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
Nov 17, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision has announced that Omnicom Media Group (OMG) will be the first agency partner to leverage its Hispanic household data graph for its brands to expand reach and resonance with the U.S. Hispanic population.
News categories: TelevisaUnivision, Omnicom Media Group, Dan Aversano, Kelly Metz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
TelevisaUnivision selects Nielsen for cross-platform measurement
Oct 25, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision has signed an agreement to use Nielsen ONE, Nielsen's cross-platform measurement solution. TelevisaUnivision will use Nielsen ONE along with Nielsen Marketing Cloud and Gracenote Advanced Discovery.
News categories: Nielsen, TelevisaUnivision, David Kenny, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024