Digital TV News: Turner
Fetch TV rolls out Mighty Gen 4 personal video recorder
May 2, 2022 – Fetch TV has begun rolling out its latest set-top box, the Mighty Gen 4 Personal Video Recorder (PVR). The Mighty Gen 4 PVR is powered by the latest chipset and Wi-Fi technology, and is an upgrade to the Mighty Gen 3 PVR.
News categories: Fetch TV, Scott Lorson, Adam Turner, Trevor Long, Stephen Fenech, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, Terrestrial
datafuelX launches predictive analytics for media selling and buying
Mar 3, 2022 – datafuelX has launched. The company’s first two predictive analytics solutions help media, agencies and brands extract greater value from their media spend and converge linear reach and digital targeting through the power of advanced analytics.
News categories: datafuelX, Jay Amato, Howard Shimmel, Spencer Lambert, Michael Strober, Dan Aversano, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
HBO Max app now available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
Sep 1, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) and WarnerMedia have announced that the HBO Max app is now available on VIZIO SmartCast, giving SmartCast viewers in the U.S. access to the HBO Max app directly on their VIZIO SmartCast TVs.
News categories: VIZIO, WarnerMedia, Mike O’Donnell, Jennifer Mirgorod, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
HBO Max and YouTube added to Spectrum Guide
Aug 30, 2021 – Spectrum has announced the launch of HBO Max and YouTube within Spectrum Guide on eligible devices across its service area, providing customers with access to the streaming services directly from the Spectrum TV platform.
News categories: Charter Communications, Elena Ritchie, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA, UX
HBO Max app now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
Aug 3, 2021 – LG Electronics USA and WarnerMedia have announced that the HBO Max app is now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S. LG Smart TV owners can now access HBO Max as part of the TV's webOS platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
HBO Max launches ad-supported tier
Jun 2, 2021 – HBO Max has launched an advertising-supported subscription tier. With the launch, HBO Max consumers can now choose between the existing ad-free subscription option at $14.99 per month, or one with ads for $9.99.
News categories: HBO Max, Andy Forssell, JP Colaco, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
WarnerMedia, Discovery combination to be called 'Warner Bros. Discovery'
Jun 1, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced 'Warner Bros. Discovery' as the name for the proposed entertainment company that will emerge from the combination of WarnerMedia and Discovery assets.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, David Zaslav, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
HBO Max ad-supported tier to launch first week of June
May 19, 2021 – HBO Max will debut its ad-supported subscription tier the first week of June, providing consumers with a choice between its existing ad-free version at $14.99 per month, or an ad-supported experience for $9.99 per month.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Tony Goncalves, JP Colaco, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
May 17, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) have agreed to combine WarnerMedia's entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses to create a standalone global entertainment company.
News categories: AT&T, Discovery, Inc, John Stankey, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV