Digital TV News: Univision
Mongolia's Univision selects end-to-end solution from Viaccess-Orca
May 25, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Univision will deliver its IPTV service in Mongolia with an end-to-end solution from VO. VO's TV Platform will allow the operator to quickly create new services, including aggregated content offerings.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Univision, Philippe Léonetti, Tulga Otgonbayar, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mongolia
EDO secures $80m investment from Shamrock Capital
Apr 6, 2022 – EDO has announced the closing of an $80 million strategic growth investment from Shamrock Capital. The investment provides EDO with capital to scale its business in outcome measurement for Convergent TV.
News categories: EDO, Inc, Shamrock Capital, Edward Norton, Kevin Krim, Dr. Daniel Nadler, Laura Held, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital
TelevisaUnivision's ViX launches in the U.S. and Latin America
Mar 31, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision has announced that ViX is now available in the U.S., Mexico and most of Spanish-speaking Latin America. ViX is a two-tier service with the free AVOD product launched today and an SVOD option, ViX+, coming in 2H 2022.
News categories: TelevisaUnivision, ViX, Pierluigi Gazzolo, Rafael Urbina, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming, USA
FITE chooses Dooya to power FITE 24/7 FAST channel
Mar 8, 2022 – FITE has announced the expansion of FITE 24/7 into FITE's first Free Ad-Supported TV (FAST) channel. The channel will use Dooya's FASTCast process to provide distribution and monetization to cable operators as well as OTT platforms and connected TVs.
News categories: Dooya, FITE, John T. Wells, Louis Lewow, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
datafuelX launches predictive analytics for media selling and buying
Mar 3, 2022 – datafuelX has launched. The company’s first two predictive analytics solutions help media, agencies and brands extract greater value from their media spend and converge linear reach and digital targeting through the power of advanced analytics.
News categories: datafuelX, Jay Amato, Howard Shimmel, Spencer Lambert, Michael Strober, Dan Aversano, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Verizon trials +play entertainment hub
Mar 3, 2022 – Verizon customers will have exclusive access to +play, a platform that allows users to discover, purchase and manage some of their favorite subscriptions across entertainment, audio, gaming, fitness, music, lifestyle and more – all in one place.
News categories: Verizon, Manon Brouillette, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
AMC, Discovery, TelevisaUnivision, WarnerMedia go with Canoe for addressable TV advertising
Feb 23, 2022 – AMC Networks, Discovery, TelevisaUnivision and WarnerMedia have each teamed up with Canoe Ventures for addressable TV advertising. Canoe will provide enablement and campaign assurance across its national addressable TV advertising footprint.
News categories: Canoe Ventures, AMC Networks, Discovery, Inc, TelevisaUnivision, WarnerMedia, Joel Hassell, Evan Adlman, Steve Silvestri, Seema Patel, JP Colaco, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
TelevisaUnivision introduces ViX Spanish-language streaming service
Feb 16, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision has unveiled ViX, a streaming service for the Spanish-speaking world. The service will include an AVOD product, ViX, launching on March 31, and an SVOD option, ViX+, set to launch in the second half of 2022.
News categories: TelevisaUnivision, Wade Davis, Pierluigi Gazzolo, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming, USA
NEXTGEN TV launches in Houston, Texas
Dec 7, 2021 – Television viewers in Houston, the eighth-largest TV market in the United States, can now experience the future of broadcast television as 10 local TV stations have now launched NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Nexstar Media, Anne Schelle, Brett Jenkins, Ralph Rendon, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data