Digital TV News: Wade Oosterman
Bell Canada launches 500 channel live TV app
May 15, 2017 – Bell Canada has launched Fibe Alt TV, a new way to watch live and on-demand television. With no traditional TV subscription or set-top box required, Alt TV is accessed through the Fibe TV app and offers up to 500 channels.
News categories: Bell Canada, Wade Oosterman, Rizwan Jamal, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
Bell Fibe TV to be available OTT in early 2017
Sep 6, 2016 – Bell Canada has announced that by the end of Q1 2017, Fibe TV customers will no longer be required to sign up for Fibe Internet service to access Canada's fastest-growing television service.
News categories: Bell, Wade Oosterman, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT
TELUS, Bell Canada, and Bell Aliant sign up to 'Project Latte' streaming
Nov 5, 2014 – Bell Media has announced that it has reached distribution deals with TELUS, Bell Canada, and Bell Aliant to deliver its video streaming service, code-named 'Project Latte'. 'Project Latte' is to open to every TV provider in Canada.
News categories: Bell Media, TELUS, Bell Canada, Bell Aliant, Kevin Crull, David Fuller, Wade Oosterman, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite
Bell Mobile TV welcomes one millionth subscriber
Sep 17, 2013 – Bell Canada (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has welcomed its one millionth subscriber to Bell Mobile TV, the wireless data service that offers on-the-go access to more than 40 channels of live and on-demand sports, news, entertainment and children's TV programming.
News categories: Bell Canada, Wade Oosterman, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, Subscribers
Watch TV anywhere with the new Bell TV app
Aug 19, 2013 – Bell Canada has announced the launch of its Bell TV app that lets customers watch popular channels that they receive in their programming package at home on tablet or smartphones at no extra charge.
News categories: Bell Canada, Apps, Canada, IPTV, Mobile, Satellite, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Bell introduces enhanced Mobile TV player powered by QuickPlay Media
Mar 1, 2012 – Bell Canada (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has announced enhancements to its Mobile TV service. Powered by QuickPlay Media, the new Bell Mobile TV player delivers access to live and on-demand sports, news, entertainment and children's programming.
News categories: QuickPlay, Bell Canada, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device
- ThinkAnalytics integrates Gracenote Personalized Imagery
- CNN+ streaming service to launch in Q1 2022
- Verimatrix CA chosen for digital TV switchover initiative in Nigeria