Digital TV News: Wade Oosterman
Bell Canada launches 500 channel live TV app
May 15, 2017 – Bell Canada has launched Fibe Alt TV, a new way to watch live and on-demand television. With no traditional TV subscription or set-top box required, Alt TV is accessed through the Fibe TV app and offers up to 500 channels.
News categories: Bell Canada, Wade Oosterman, Rizwan Jamal, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
Bell Fibe TV to be available OTT in early 2017
Sep 6, 2016 – Bell Canada has announced that by the end of Q1 2017, Fibe TV customers will no longer be required to sign up for Fibe Internet service to access Canada's fastest-growing television service.
News categories: Bell, Wade Oosterman, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming
TELUS, Bell Canada, and Bell Aliant sign up to 'Project Latte' streaming
Nov 5, 2014 – Bell Media has announced that it has reached distribution deals with TELUS, Bell Canada, and Bell Aliant to deliver its video streaming service, code-named 'Project Latte'. 'Project Latte' is to open to every TV provider in Canada.
News categories: Bell Media, TELUS, Bell Canada, Bell Aliant, Kevin Crull, David Fuller, Wade Oosterman, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming
Bell Mobile TV welcomes one millionth subscriber
Sep 17, 2013 – Bell Canada (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has welcomed its one millionth subscriber to Bell Mobile TV, the wireless data service that offers on-the-go access to more than 40 channels of live and on-demand sports, news, entertainment and children's TV programming.
News categories: Bell Canada, Wade Oosterman, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, Subscribers
Watch TV anywhere with the new Bell TV app
Aug 19, 2013 – Bell Canada has announced the launch of its Bell TV app that lets customers watch popular channels that they receive in their programming package at home on tablet or smartphones at no extra charge.
News categories: Bell Canada, Apps, Canada, IPTV, Mobile, Satellite, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Bell introduces enhanced Mobile TV player powered by QuickPlay Media
Mar 1, 2012 – Bell Canada (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has announced enhancements to its Mobile TV service. Powered by QuickPlay Media, the new Bell Mobile TV player delivers access to live and on-demand sports, news, entertainment and children's programming.
News categories: QuickPlay, Bell Canada, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data