Digital TV News: Wade Oosterman
Bell Canada launches 500 channel live TV app
May 15, 2017 – Bell Canada has launched Fibe Alt TV, a new way to watch live and on-demand television. With no traditional TV subscription or set-top box required, Alt TV is accessed through the Fibe TV app and offers up to 500 channels.
News categories: Bell Canada, Wade Oosterman, Rizwan Jamal, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
Bell Fibe TV to be available OTT in early 2017
Sep 6, 2016 – Bell Canada has announced that by the end of Q1 2017, Fibe TV customers will no longer be required to sign up for Fibe Internet service to access Canada's fastest-growing television service.
News categories: Bell, Wade Oosterman, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT
TELUS, Bell Canada, and Bell Aliant sign up to 'Project Latte' streaming
Nov 5, 2014 – Bell Media has announced that it has reached distribution deals with TELUS, Bell Canada, and Bell Aliant to deliver its video streaming service, code-named 'Project Latte'. 'Project Latte' is to open to every TV provider in Canada.
News categories: Bell Media, TELUS, Bell Canada, Bell Aliant, Kevin Crull, David Fuller, Wade Oosterman, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite
Bell Mobile TV welcomes one millionth subscriber
Sep 17, 2013 – Bell Canada (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has welcomed its one millionth subscriber to Bell Mobile TV, the wireless data service that offers on-the-go access to more than 40 channels of live and on-demand sports, news, entertainment and children's TV programming.
News categories: Bell Canada, Wade Oosterman, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, Subscribers
Watch TV anywhere with the new Bell TV app
Aug 19, 2013 – Bell Canada has announced the launch of its Bell TV app that lets customers watch popular channels that they receive in their programming package at home on tablet or smartphones at no extra charge.
News categories: Bell Canada, Apps, Canada, IPTV, Mobile, Satellite, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Bell introduces enhanced Mobile TV player powered by QuickPlay Media
Mar 1, 2012 – Bell Canada (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has announced enhancements to its Mobile TV service. Powered by QuickPlay Media, the new Bell Mobile TV player delivers access to live and on-demand sports, news, entertainment and children's programming.
News categories: QuickPlay, Bell Canada, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India