Digital TV News: Wurl
Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
Sep 22, 2021 – Wurl has unveiled Wurl Perform, a performance marketing service that enables streaming TV apps to acquire new viewers and reduce churn via highly targeted promotional campaigns.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Wurl Analytics releases SVOD churn analysis report
Aug 31, 2021 – Wurl has formed a research division of the company, Wurl Analytics. In its first report, Wurl Analytics uncovers the financial impact of churn, both in terms of lost revenue and subscriber acquisition costs.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty Jr, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
Jul 22, 2021 – Redbox has partnered with Wurl to facilitate and expand the selection of free channels on Redbox Free Live TV. With 100 channels of programming, Free Live TV caters to the tastes and interests of Redbox's 40 million customers.
News categories: Redbox, Wurl, Chris Yates, Sean Doherty, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Bloomberg TV+ 4K UHD channel launches on Samsung TV Plus
May 20, 2020 – Bloomberg Media has launched Bloomberg TV+, a premium video experience and first 4K UHD channel that combines the power of Bloomberg data and trusted business and finance programming, on Samsung TV Plus, Samsung's free Smart TV video service.
News categories: Bloomberg Media, Samsung, M. Scott Havens, Salek Brodsky, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Wurl network reaches 100 million CTVs after year of operations
Mar 12, 2020 – Wurl has announced that it expanded its network to reach 100 million CTVs in nine countries in its first full year of operations. Additionally, Wurl delivered more than 225 million hours of programming and more than 1.2 billion personally targeted ads.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Waypoint TV selects Wurl video distribution and monetization services
Mar 3, 2020 – Wurl has announced that it is powering the delivery of Waypoint TV, a destination for fishing, hunting and outdoor enthusiasts, to Samsung TV Plus, with plans to expand to additional OTT streaming platforms in the future.
News categories: Wurl, Waypoint TV, Sean Doherty, Builder Brock, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
Nov 14, 2019 – Wurl has announced that Hollywire is tapping Wurl's video distribution expertise to power the delivery of its linear 24-7 celebrity news channel across streaming platforms, including Samsung TV Plus.
News categories: Wurl, Hollywire, Sean Doherty, Tony Moras, Content Distribution, Europe, North America, Smart TV, Streaming
Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
Nov 6, 2019 – Wurl has made an agreement to deliver programming and advertising to Samsung's TV Plus streaming service in Europe. The Wurl Network currently delivers 125 live, linear and VOD channels to more than 50 million viewers in the U.S.
News categories: Wurl, Samsung, Sean Doherty, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming
Wurl launches cross-platform advertising service for Connected TV
Oct 2, 2019 – Wurl has announced the general availability of AdPool, an advertising marketplace enabling video producers to sell their CTV ad inventory to thousands of advertisers. The offering is free to video publishers and CTV platforms that are part of the Wurl Network.
News categories: Wurl, Javier Saralegui, Sean Doherty, Andrew Eisbrouch, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger