Digital TV News: Wurl
Wurl TV added to Espial video platform
Apr 6, 2017 – Wurl TV is now available to video service providers who use Espial's Elevate platform. Their subscribers can now access Wurl's internet-delivered TV channels on Espial-powered set-tops, smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Espial, Wurl TV, Jaison Dolvane, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Wurl TV launches on TiVo
Mar 14, 2017 – Wurl TV has announced that Wurl’s Internet-delivered programming is now available on TiVo’s cable TV and retail set-top boxes. For cable operators, Wurl provides a programming alternative to traditional cable networks.
News categories: Wurl TV, TiVo, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Wurl announces cable STB software partnerships
Sep 8, 2016 – Wurl has announced a series of partnerships with key providers of cable set-top software that will showcase Wurl TV Network broadband channels at this week's International Broadcasting Convention (IBC).
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Wurl launches the world’s first streaming cable TV network
Jul 25, 2016 – Wurl has announced the launch of the Wurl Network, the world’s first streaming cable TV network. The Wurl Network provides five channels broadband-delivered through cable TV operators’ connected set-top boxes.
News categories: Wurl, Fidelity Communications, Sean Doherty, Loren King, Cable TV, USA
Wurl releases U.S. video viewing index
Sep 25, 2015 – Wurl has announced a video index that compares the usage of major video viewing services based on publicly available data. The index, referred to as 'AMOV', measures the average minutes of viewing by U.S. adults on each video platform, taking into account both usage and reach.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
ARRIS and Wurl introduce OTT content portal for cable operators
Jul 21, 2014 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) and Wurl have announced the launch of ARRIS Market -- a platform for cable operators combining over-the-top (OTT) content with traditional programming services on ARRIS set-tops.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Wurl, Inc, Sean Doherty, Debbie Stackis, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K