Digital TV News: Yotta Media Labs
Next-Gen TV audience measurement pioneered in Phoenix Model Market project
Apr 4, 2019 – Five audience measurement firms are working to help Phoenix broadcasters understand the capabilities of Next-Gen TV, providing information that will someday help viewers tailor the programming they want to watch and enable broadcasters and advertisers to reach viewers with messages that will interest them.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Chuck Shuttles, Steve Davis, Scott L. Brown, Joe Winograd, Raj Patel, Advertising, ATSC 3, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Tivù launches HbbTV Operator Application
Sep 14, 2018 – Tivù, in collaboration with Yotta Media Labs, has become the world’s first operator to deploy an HbbTV Operator App (OpApp). Tivùon, Tivù’s OpApp, supports all of the features expected of a vertical network operator’s application for the Italian horizontal TV ecosystem.
News categories: Tivù, Yotta Media Labs, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2022, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tivù partners with Vewd to introduce HbbTV Operator Apps
Sep 11, 2018 – Tivù has become the world’s first operator to deploy an HbbTV Operator App (OpApp) together with Vewd. tivùon, Tivù’s OpApp, creates a virtual set-top box with an operator’s own UI and applications to offer a more engaging and branded user experience.
News categories: Vewd, Tivù, Opentech, Yotta Media Labs, Aneesh Rajaram, Alberto Sigismondi, Juyong Lee, Raj Patel, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, IBC2022, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Phoenix ATSC 3.0 'Model Market' on-air with UniMás programming
Apr 9, 2018 – The first next-generation TV signal in the Phoenix Model Market is 'on the air,' with KFPH-CD Channel 35, owned by Univision Communications now transmitting UniMás network programming using the new ATSC 3.0 standard.
News categories: Pearl TV, Univision, Anne Schelle, John Eck, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Tivù premieres the first HbbTV 2.0.1 application: tivùon!
Sep 18, 2017 – Tivù, Samsung and Yotta Media Labs have presented the world’s first HbbTV 2.0.1 application at IBC 2017. The official launch of the tivùon! App in the Italian market will be in Q4 2017 on tivuon! certified Samsung HbbTV devices.
News categories: Tivù, Samsung, Yotta Media Labs, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2022, Italy, Smart TV, Streaming
Tivù and Yotta Media invest in HbbTV operator app development
Sep 15, 2017 – Tivù has partnered with Yotta Media Labs to develop an HbbTV Operator Application that supports all of the features expected of a vertical network operator’s application for the Italian Free-To-Air satellite and terrestrial market.
News categories: Tivù, Yotta Media Labs, Alberto Sigismondi, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2022, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023