Digital TV News: 605
Shaw Direct Launches Set-Top Video on Demand Service
Jun 20, 2012 – Shaw Direct (TSX:SJR.B) (NYSE:SJR) is the first direct-to-home provider in Canada to use adaptive streaming technology to deliver On Demand content directly to set-top boxes.
News categories: Shaw Communications, Canada, Satellite, Set Top Box
Competition to boost pay TV in Middle East and North Africa
Mar 20, 2012 – The social and political turmoil that has rocked the Middle East and North Africa region has resulted in liberalisation measures, which will open up the pay TV sector. Digital TV penetration is already approaching 70% of television households.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Qwest Reports Third Quarter 2008 Results
Oct 29, 2008 – In the third quarter, Qwest Communications (NYSE: Q) reported steady gains in DIRECTV subscribers. Video subscribers increased by 39,000 during the quarter resulting in total video subscribers of 761,000.
News categories: Qwest, Fibre, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Liberty Global Reports Second Quarter 2008 Results
Aug 5, 2008 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced results for Q2. At June 30, 2008, Liberty Global's 14.7 million video subscriber base consisted of 9.5 million analog cable and MMDS and 5.2 million digital cable and DTH subscribers.
News categories: Liberty Global, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Chile, Czech Republic, Hungary, Ireland, Japan, MMDS, Netherlands, Poland, Puerto Rico, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Slovenia, Subscribers, Switzerland
ARCHOS Announces Global Content Relationship With Paramount Digital Entertainment
Apr 22, 2008 – ARCHOS has announced a global relationship with Paramount Digital Entertainment that brings hundreds of Paramount movies to ARCHOS Portable Media Players (PMPs), allowing consumers to watch favorite movies on the go or in the living room.
News categories: ARCHOS, Paramount, Digital TV, DVR, Media Player, OTT, Smart Home, Tablet
CES 2008: ARC-Based™ Consumer Devices Fueling the 'YouTube Generation' on Display
Jan 14, 2008 – ARC International (LSE: ARK) has announced that more than fifteen customers and partners participated in last week's 2008 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
News categories: ARC International, CES, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads