Digital TV News: 605
Pay TV penetration in Venezuela approaches 60%
Jun 9, 2014 – According to preliminary statistics published by CONATEL, pay TV subscriptions in Venezuela at the end of March 2014 were 4.36 million, up from 3.61 million at the end of the first quarter of 2013, and up 135,000 versus the end of 2013.
News categories: CONATEL, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers, Venezuela
Com Hem digital TV subscribers down 1,300 in 1Q 2014
May 2, 2014 – Com Hem has announced its results for the first quarter of 2014. Digital telvision subscribers were down 1,300 in the quarter to finish at 595,200. Com Hem added 36,000 TiVo subscriptions during the period.
News categories: Com Hem, Cable TV, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
Com Hem subscribers down 2,700 in 3Q 2013
Nov 28, 2013 – Com Hem has reported results for the third quarter of 2013. During the quarter the number of digital television subscriptions decreased by 2,700 (-0.4 percent) to 603,000 subscriptions, a decrease of 9,700 since the end of the third quarter of 2012.
News categories: Com Hem, Cable TV, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Sweden
Major US multichannel video providers lost over 50,000 subscribers in Q3 2012
Nov 13, 2012 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the thirteen largest multi-channel video providers in the US -- representing about 94% of the market -- lost about 53,500 net additional video subscribers in Q3 2012.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Shaw Direct Launches Set-Top Video on Demand Service
Jun 20, 2012 – Shaw Direct (TSX:SJR.B) (NYSE:SJR) is the first direct-to-home provider in Canada to use adaptive streaming technology to deliver On Demand content directly to set-top boxes.
News categories: Shaw Communications, Canada, Satellite, Set Top Box
Competition to boost pay TV in Middle East and North Africa
Mar 20, 2012 – The social and political turmoil that has rocked the Middle East and North Africa region has resulted in liberalisation measures, which will open up the pay TV sector. Digital TV penetration is already approaching 70% of television households.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Qwest Reports Third Quarter 2008 Results
Oct 29, 2008 – In the third quarter, Qwest Communications (NYSE: Q) reported steady gains in DIRECTV subscribers. Video subscribers increased by 39,000 during the quarter resulting in total video subscribers of 761,000.
News categories: Qwest, Fibre, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Liberty Global Reports Second Quarter 2008 Results
Aug 5, 2008 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced results for Q2. At June 30, 2008, Liberty Global's 14.7 million video subscriber base consisted of 9.5 million analog cable and MMDS and 5.2 million digital cable and DTH subscribers.
News categories: Liberty Global, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Chile, Czech Republic, Hungary, Ireland, Japan, MMDS, Netherlands, Poland, Puerto Rico, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Slovenia, Subscribers, Switzerland
ARCHOS Announces Global Content Relationship With Paramount Digital Entertainment
Apr 22, 2008 – ARCHOS has announced a global relationship with Paramount Digital Entertainment that brings hundreds of Paramount movies to ARCHOS Portable Media Players (PMPs), allowing consumers to watch favorite movies on the go or in the living room.
News categories: ARCHOS, Paramount, Digital TV, DVR, Media Player, OTT, Smart Home, Tablet
- IBC launches virtual event: IBC Showcase
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Safaricom launches Android TV streaming box
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions