Digital TV News: CNTV
VOD to be $263 billion market by 2016
Oct 19, 2015 – The global Video on Demand (VOD) market is expected to reach $263 billion by 2016, up from $207 billion in 2014, fuelled by the rising popularity of on-demand services among consumers and proliferation of internet in emerging nations.
News categories: Future Market Insights, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
YOU Cinema Movie Service launches on Xiaomi OTT set-top boxes
Apr 28, 2014 – YOU On Demand Holdings (NASDAQ: YOD) has announced that its YOU Cinema movie subscription service has made its commercial debut on the Xiaomi over-the-top (OTT) set-top box.
News categories: Xiaomi, YOU On Demand, Weicheng Liu, China, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Colombia launches DVB-T2 network with Rohde & Schwarz transmitters
May 31, 2012 – Colombia will be the first country in Latin America to go on the air with a DVB-T2 TV network. The network will use transmitters from Rohde & Schwarz. The CNTV regulatory authority decided at the end of last year to switch to the new standard.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Colombia, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
Espial TV Browser Powers the Smart TV Experience
Nov 3, 2010 – Espial® has announced the availability of Espial TV Browser powered by Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) set-top box reference platforms based on the Intel® Atom™ processor CE4100 and the recently announced Intel® Atom™ processor CE4200.
News categories: Espial, Intel Corp, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Online video users in China reach 240 million at end-2009
Apr 7, 2010 – The China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC) has published its 25th Survey Report on Internet Development in China. By the end of 2009, the number of online video users reached 240 million, an increase of 38.44 million compared to the end of 2008.
News categories: CNNIC, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Colombia issues tender for DTH coverage of remote areas
Jan 6, 2010 – Colombia's CNTV is requesting quotations from parties interested in participating in its 'TV Satelital Directa al Hogar' project. The project is intended to provide coverage to the 8 per cent of the country that still has no television signal.
News categories: CNTV, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Colombia releases DTT STB/IDTV minimum technical requirements
Sep 23, 2009 – Colombia's National Telecommunications Commission (CNTV) has issued minimum technical specifications that must be adhered to for digital televisions and set-top box decoders for the country's digital terrestrial TV (DTT) market.
News categories: CNTV, Colombia, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Colombia to auction pay-TV licences
Dec 19, 2008 – Colombia's National Telecommunications Commission (Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones - CNTV) is starting its public auction process for five Pay-TV licenses.
News categories: Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones, Colombia, IPTV, Regulation
Colombia chooses DVB-T as DTT standard
Aug 28, 2008 – Colombia's National Television Commission (CNTV) has announced its decision to choose the DVB-T digital terrestrial television standard for Colombia, after a process of study over two and a half years.
News categories: CNTV, DVB Project, ATSC, Colombia, Digital TV, DTMB, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan