Digital TV News: CNTV
VOD to be $263 billion market by 2016
Oct 19, 2015 – The global Video on Demand (VOD) market is expected to reach $263 billion by 2016, up from $207 billion in 2014, fuelled by the rising popularity of on-demand services among consumers and proliferation of internet in emerging nations.
News categories: Future Market Insights, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
YOU Cinema Movie Service launches on Xiaomi OTT set-top boxes
Apr 28, 2014 – YOU On Demand Holdings (NASDAQ: YOD) has announced that its YOU Cinema movie subscription service has made its commercial debut on the Xiaomi over-the-top (OTT) set-top box.
News categories: Xiaomi, YOU On Demand, Weicheng Liu, China, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Colombia launches DVB-T2 network with Rohde & Schwarz transmitters
May 31, 2012 – Colombia will be the first country in Latin America to go on the air with a DVB-T2 TV network. The network will use transmitters from Rohde & Schwarz. The CNTV regulatory authority decided at the end of last year to switch to the new standard.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Colombia, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
Espial TV Browser Powers the Smart TV Experience
Nov 3, 2010 – Espial® has announced the availability of Espial TV Browser powered by Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) set-top box reference platforms based on the Intel® Atom™ processor CE4100 and the recently announced Intel® Atom™ processor CE4200.
News categories: Espial, Intel Corp, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Online video users in China reach 240 million at end-2009
Apr 7, 2010 – The China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC) has published its 25th Survey Report on Internet Development in China. By the end of 2009, the number of online video users reached 240 million, an increase of 38.44 million compared to the end of 2008.
News categories: CNNIC, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Colombia issues tender for DTH coverage of remote areas
Jan 6, 2010 – Colombia's CNTV is requesting quotations from parties interested in participating in its 'TV Satelital Directa al Hogar' project. The project is intended to provide coverage to the 8 per cent of the country that still has no television signal.
News categories: CNTV, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Colombia releases DTT STB/IDTV minimum technical requirements
Sep 23, 2009 – Colombia's National Telecommunications Commission (CNTV) has issued minimum technical specifications that must be adhered to for digital televisions and set-top box decoders for the country's digital terrestrial TV (DTT) market.
News categories: CNTV, Colombia, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Colombia to auction pay-TV licences
Dec 19, 2008 – Colombia's National Telecommunications Commission (Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones - CNTV) is starting its public auction process for five Pay-TV licenses.
News categories: Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones, Colombia, IPTV, Regulation
Colombia chooses DVB-T as DTT standard
Aug 28, 2008 – Colombia's National Television Commission (CNTV) has announced its decision to choose the DVB-T digital terrestrial television standard for Colombia, after a process of study over two and a half years.
News categories: CNTV, DVB Project, ATSC, Colombia, Digital TV, DTMB, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications