Digital TV News: Cabot
Vestel Receives First FreeView HD Certification
Jan 20, 2010 – Vestel Electronics has announced that its T8300 DVB-T2 Freeview HD set top box (STB) has been certified by Freeview for the UK market. Vestel's Freeview HD box is the world's first DVB-T2 STB certified by Freeview.
News categories: Vestel, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
IMPALA welcomes beta release of MHEG Interaction Channel by Freesat
Dec 7, 2009 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, today welcomes the news of the beta release of the world"Ÿs first deployment of hybrid broadcast broadband MHEG Interaction Channel (MHEG-IC) by UK free-to-air satellite platform Freesat.
News categories: IMPALA, Freesat, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Freeview Australia selects MHEG-5 as its middleware
Jul 20, 2009 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has announced that Freeview Australia has selected MHEG-5 as the interactive TV middleware for the suite of free-to-air DTT channels that operate under the brand.
News categories: IMPALA, Freeview Australia, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Cabot Becomes First Middleware Vendor to Complete SmarDTV CI+ Testing
May 19, 2009 – Cabot Communications has announced that it has successfully completed interoperability testing between its CI Plus (CI+) software solution and the SmarDTV (SWX:KUD) CI+ reference module, becoming the first middleware vendor known to do so.
News categories: Cabot, SmarDTV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Cabot middleware to support Freesat
May 13, 2009 – Cabot is extending its middleware suite to support Freesat, the first British free-to-air satellite service which provides around 200 television and radio channels, including High Definition (HD) broadcasts.
News categories: Cabot, Freesat, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
IMPALA welcomes inclusion of MHEG-5 in South Africa DTT trial
Feb 2, 2009 – The International MHEG Promotion Alliance (IMPALA) has confirmed that MHEG-5 is included as part of the recently started DTT trial in South Africa. The DTT trial, which began in November, is designed to test a variety of technical factors.
News categories: IMPALA, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
DivX Inc. and Cabot Communications Announce Technology Agreement
Jan 8, 2009 – DivX (NASDAQ: DIVX) has announced an agreement with Cabot Communications that will enable Cabot technology partners to include DivX® support on a variety of silicon platforms powering home consumer products including HDTVs, DVRs and STBs.
News categories: Cabot Communications, DivX, DVR, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Boxer MHEG Announcement Welcomed by IMPALA
Sep 29, 2008 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has welcomed the recent announcement by Sweden-based pay-TV group Boxer that it has selected MHEG-5 as the interactive middleware to be included in all products marketed to receive its TV packages.
News categories: Boxer, IMPALA, Denmark, Digital TV, Ireland, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Sweden, Terrestrial
Miniweb to Demonstrate Broadcast and Broadband Interactive Services Platform at IBC
Sep 3, 2008 – Miniweb will demonstrate its platform at IBC 2008. Miniweb allows broadcasters, network operators, content owners and advertisers to easily and cost effectively deliver new services that monetise viewer see, search and spend actions.
News categories: Miniweb, Content Distribution, IBCShowcase, OTT, Set Top Box
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
- Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
- Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 U.S. SVOD services for 3Q 2020
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
- Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 120,000 in 3Q 2020
- Verizon releases updated Stream TV box
- VIZIO taps Nielsen to measure advanced TV campaigns
- U.S. vMVPD subscribers rise in Q3 as traditional multichannel decline slows
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR to deliver strong growth through 2024