Digital TV News: Globo
Globo moves to cloud-based encoding with Bitmovin
Nov 10, 2020 – Bitmovin ahs announced that Globo, the largest mass media group in Latin America, has selected Bitmovin Encoding to speed up the delivery of 4K video streams to its digital subscribers.
News categories: Bitmovin, Globo, Lucas Teixeira Stephanou, Stefan Lederer, Igor Macaubas, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Roku launches Roku Express in Brazil
Sep 2, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the launch of Roku Express, the company TV streaming device, in Brazil. The Roku Express is expected to be available in stores in the upcoming weeks at an average starting price of R$349.90.
News categories: Roku, Arthur van Rest, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
AT&T closes DIRECTV Latin America operations in Venezuela
May 19, 2020 – AT&T has closed its DIRECTV Latin America operations in Venezuela. The U.S. government’s sanctions have prohibited the broadcast of Globovision and PDVSA's channels which are required under DIRECTV’s license to provide pay TV in Venezuela.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, Satellite, Venezuela
Telecine deploys MediaMelon OTT streaming optimization platform
Apr 22, 2020 – MediaMelon has announced that Telecine SVOD cinema hub has deployed its SmartPlay OTT streaming optimization platform to deliver a better video QoE with lower content delivery costs despite an unprecedented surge in new subscribers and viewing hours.
News categories: MediaMelon, Telecine, Kumar Subramanian, Fabio Lima, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Brazil's video market picks up the pace
Mar 18, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, Brazil’s video entertainment market has emerged from the shadow of recession. New SVoD services from global players and increased investment in pay TV and OTT services by local media companies are seen as the key drivers.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Brazil, Digital TV, Market Research
Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
Jan 21, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is partnering with AOC to bring the AOC Roku TV to consumers in Brazil. The TV will offer consumers a smart TV experience that is easy to use, with great streaming entertainment at an affordable price.
News categories: Roku, TPV, Globoplay, G2C Globo, Anthony Wood, Arthur van Rest, Andre Romanon, Erick Brêtas, Fernando Ramos, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
ELSYS adds security camera support to STB based on Frog middleware
Dec 17, 2019 – Elsys has integrated a range of security video cameras on the Elsys TOTALMAX receiver powered by Frog, the Wyplay open source middleware. ELSYS developed and customized the middleware in partnership with Globo for its SAT HD Regional project.
News categories: Wyplay, Elsys, Jacques Bourgninaud, Damian Zisman, Brazil, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
Oct 16, 2019 – At the Rock in Rio festival, Grupo Globo launched the first 5G Broadcast field trial in Brazil with equipment from Rohde & Schwarz. The objective of the project is to validate the operability and market opportunities of the technology.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Grupo Globo, 5G, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Amino acquires 24i Media
Jul 15, 2019 – Amino Communications has announced that it has acquired privately-held 24i. 24i provides the Amino Group with a broader and deeper product set, talented development capability, complementary skills and a greater geographical reach.
News categories: Amino, 24i Media, Donald McGarva, Martijn van Horssen, Digital TV, MnA, UX, Worldwide
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico