Digital TV News: Globo
Amino acquires 24i Media
Jul 15, 2019 – Amino Communications has announced that it has acquired privately-held 24i. 24i provides the Amino Group with a broader and deeper product set, talented development capability, complementary skills and a greater geographical reach.
News categories: Amino, 24i Media, Donald McGarva, Martijn van Horssen, Digital TV, MnA, UX, Worldwide
PureFlix.com taps 24i Media to reach more screens
Apr 8, 2019 – 24i Media has announced that it has built and deployed a suite of video apps for PureFlix.com, an SVOD service serving consumers in the U.S. and Canada. PureFlix.com is using 24i’s SmartOTT solution to power its SVOD service on a broad array of platforms and devices.
News categories: 24i Media, PureFlix, Martijn van Horssen, Ramon Duivenvoorden, Marc Beckwitt, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, USA
Globosat chooses Harmonic for live UHD football broadcasting
Jul 12, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Globosat, Latin America's largest content and program creator, has selected Harmonic's Ultra HD (UHD) contribution solution for broadcast of the world's largest football tournament, being held in Russia.
News categories: Harmonic, Globosat, Alvaro Martin, Roberto Primo, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Intelsat and Globo to demonstrate 8K during the World Cup
Jun 15, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) will partner with Globo to demonstrate live 8K video transmissions in Brazil for the 2018 World Cup. From June 15 to July 15, content will be broadcast as part of an exhibition at the Museu de Amanhã, Rio's science museum.
News categories: Intelsat, NTT, Globo, Rob Cerbone, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Out of Home video viewing on the rise
May 29, 2018 – More than half of internet users surveyed in the United States, United Kingdom, Brazil, Japan and Germany watched video content out of their homes at least once a month, according to consumer surveys conducted by IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Brazil, Digital TV, Germany, Japan, Market Research, OTT, TV Everywhere, UK, USA
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
US leads in scripted TV production but volume is declining
Oct 16, 2017 – A white paper by IHS Markit (NASDAQ: INFO) has revealed that scripted TV production in the US — excluding online content — declined in 2016, largely due to lower origination by the cable networks.
News categories: IHS Markit, Tim Westcott, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, Market Research, UK, USA
Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment formed to reduce online piracy
Jun 13, 2017 – Thirty content creators and on-demand entertainment companies from around the world have launched the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE), a global coalition dedicated to protecting the legal market for creative content and reducing online piracy.
News categories: Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Globo.com selects Elemental to deliver 4K VOD
Feb 20, 2017 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Globo.com has selected its video processing to power its new 4K video-on-demand (VOD) services. The agreement expands the broadcaster’s existing Elemental deployment.
News categories: Elemental, Globo.com, Dan Marshall, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018