Digital TV News: Globo
ELSYS adds security camera support to STB based on Frog middleware
Dec 17, 2019 – Elsys has integrated a range of security video cameras on the Elsys TOTALMAX receiver powered by Frog, the Wyplay open source middleware. ELSYS developed and customized the middleware in partnership with Globo for its SAT HD Regional project.
News categories: Wyplay, Elsys, Jacques Bourgninaud, Damian Zisman, Brazil, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
Oct 16, 2019 – At the Rock in Rio festival, Grupo Globo launched the first 5G Broadcast field trial in Brazil with equipment from Rohde & Schwarz. The objective of the project is to validate the operability and market opportunities of the technology.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Grupo Globo, 5G, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Amino acquires 24i Media
Jul 15, 2019 – Amino Communications has announced that it has acquired privately-held 24i. 24i provides the Amino Group with a broader and deeper product set, talented development capability, complementary skills and a greater geographical reach.
News categories: Amino, 24i Media, Donald McGarva, Martijn van Horssen, Digital TV, MnA, UX, Worldwide
PureFlix.com taps 24i Media to reach more screens
Apr 8, 2019 – 24i Media has announced that it has built and deployed a suite of video apps for PureFlix.com, an SVOD service serving consumers in the U.S. and Canada. PureFlix.com is using 24i’s SmartOTT solution to power its SVOD service on a broad array of platforms and devices.
News categories: 24i Media, PureFlix, Martijn van Horssen, Ramon Duivenvoorden, Marc Beckwitt, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, USA
Globosat chooses Harmonic for live UHD football broadcasting
Jul 12, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Globosat, Latin America's largest content and program creator, has selected Harmonic's Ultra HD (UHD) contribution solution for broadcast of the world's largest football tournament, being held in Russia.
News categories: Harmonic, Globosat, Alvaro Martin, Roberto Primo, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Intelsat and Globo to demonstrate 8K during the World Cup
Jun 15, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) will partner with Globo to demonstrate live 8K video transmissions in Brazil for the 2018 World Cup. From June 15 to July 15, content will be broadcast as part of an exhibition at the Museu de Amanhã, Rio's science museum.
News categories: Intelsat, NTT, Globo, Rob Cerbone, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Out of Home video viewing on the rise
May 29, 2018 – More than half of internet users surveyed in the United States, United Kingdom, Brazil, Japan and Germany watched video content out of their homes at least once a month, according to consumer surveys conducted by IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Brazil, Digital TV, Germany, Japan, Market Research, OTT, TV Everywhere, UK, USA
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
US leads in scripted TV production but volume is declining
Oct 16, 2017 – A white paper by IHS Markit (NASDAQ: INFO) has revealed that scripted TV production in the US — excluding online content — declined in 2016, largely due to lower origination by the cable networks.
News categories: IHS Markit, Tim Westcott, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, Market Research, UK, USA
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024