Digital TV News: HiSilicon
SERAPHIC browser powers TCL 4K UHD TVs for Latin America
May 24, 2016 – TCL has announced that it has teamed up with SERAPHIC, who has provided its Blink-based Sraf HTML5 browser for TCL's 4K UHDTV platform. The initial target market is Latin America.
News categories: SERAPHIC, TCL, Jeff Huang, Digital TV, HTML5, Latin America, Smart TV
iWedia Teatro-3.0 STB software now available on HiSilicon SoCs
Apr 26, 2016 – iWedia has announced that its Linux-based Teatro-3.0 STB software solution is available for the latest HiSilicon’s family of Systems-on-Chip (SoC) for connected STB.
News categories: iWedia, HiSilicon, Sunghoon Kim, Liu Zhiyang, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Verimatrix unveils UHD chipset certification program
Apr 12, 2016 – Verimatrix has introduced ViewRight client security certification for Ultra UD chipsets. Ultra Security certification ensures chipsets and devices can support ViewRight software security implementations that meet ultra HD (UHD) content guidelines.
News categories: Verimatrix, Petr Peterka, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
iWedia integrates HbbTV software on FHD/UHD HEVC STB SoC from HiSilicon
Sep 11, 2015 – iWedia has announced that it has integrated its Linux-based Teatro-3.0 software solution for hybrid (DVB+IP) Set-Top Box (STB) featuring HbbTV on top of the Hi3798/Hi3796 family of connected FHD/UHD HEVC STB SoCs from HiSilicon.
News categories: iWedia, HiSilicon, Giora Golan, Liu Zhiyan, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
HiSilicon to add Dolby Vision HDR to Ultra HD chipsets
Sep 3, 2015 – Dolby (NYSE:DLB) and HiSilicon have announced a collaboration to offer Dolby Vision 4K SoC technologies for Ultra HD on HiSilicon's Hi3798C V200 STB chipset - the first such chipset to support Dolby Vision HDR.
News categories: HiSilicon, Dolby, Qiu Gang, Giles Baker, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
HiSilicon integrates Verimatrix security and watermarking for UHD
Sep 2, 2015 – HiSilicon has announced that it has integrated Verimatrix Advanced Security on its Hi3798/Hi3796 family of chipsets. HiSilicon is collaborating with Verimatrix to offer security and watermarking on ultra HD (UHD) and Android set-top boxes.
News categories: HiSilicon, Verimatrix, Qiu Gang, Petr Peterka, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Watermarking, Worldwide
Taiwanese silicon vendors dominate market for 4K TV chipsets
Jul 2, 2015 – Taiwanese silicon vendors currently dominate the market for 4k TV chipsets but their position is being challenged by a number of fabless semiconductor vendors across North America and China, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
ARM introduces new 64-bit IP suite for high-end mobiles
Feb 3, 2015 – ARM (LSE: ARM; NASDAQ: ARMH) has announced a suite of IP featuring its new ARM Cortex-A72 processor. The IP suite also offers a graphics upgrade supporting visual experiences at up to 4K120fps resolution.
News categories: ARM, Pete Hutton, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Verimatrix updates list of certified chipsets
Jan 21, 2015 – Verimatrix has revealed the latest system-on-chip (SoC) families that have been certified compliant with Verimatrix Advanced Security. Cardless security requires a sophisticated SoC with embedded security features.
News categories: Verimatrix, Petr Peterka, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan