Digital TV News: OMVC
OMVC Selects Neustar to Provide Secure and Reliable Infrastructure for Mobile Digital TV
Mar 9, 2011 – The Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has announced it has selected Neustar to provide the Mobile DTV Trust Authority with the infrastructure necessary to deliver live, digital broadcast TV content to various mobile video-enabled devices.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Neustar, Content Distribution, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Portable, Tablet, USA
Mobile500 Alliance Forms to Accelerate the Availability of Mobile Digital Television Across the U.S.
Sep 8, 2010 – A coalition of leading television broadcasters has announced the formation of the Mobile500 Alliance to accelerate the availability of mobile digital television, or Mobile DTV, service to consumers nationwide.
News categories: Mobile500 Alliance, Mobile, USA
Mobile Digital TV Launch Gives Detroit Automakers Mobile Video Test Bed
Jun 3, 2010 – With the Detroit television market among the leaders in the nation now launching Mobile Digital Television (DTV), product development teams in the automobile industry now have a local resource for testing reception of Mobile DTV.
News categories: OMVC, In-Car, Mobile, USA
Mobile DTV Consumer Showcase Launched in U.S. Capital
May 24, 2010 – Marking the launch of the Washington, D.C. Mobile Digital Television Consumer Showcase, lawmakers and regulators joined broadcasters and technology companies to see and hear the latest in Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
May 3 Launch for Mobile Digital TV Consumer Showcase in Washington, D.C.
Apr 12, 2010 – Viewers will be able to watch local digital TV broadcasts on a variety of mobile devices, including cell phones, netbooks, portable media players, and a unique adapter that can send Mobile DTV to laptops, iPhones, and iPads.
News categories: OMVC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Tablet, USA
Mobile DTV Marketplace Showcases Consumer Technology Advances at 2010 NAB Show
Apr 12, 2010 – The Mobile Digital TV Marketplace at the NAB Show is showcasing the wide variety of mobile TV products coming in 2010, ranging from mobile phones and accessories, to USB receivers, in-vehicle displays, personal computers, portable TVs, and much more.
News categories: Mobile, NABShow, USA
Samsung Moment™ Mobile Phone to Demonstrate Mobile Digital TV at International CES 2010
Jan 5, 2010 – Sprint (NYSE: S) and Samsung have announced that Samsung Moment™ will display a mobile phone demonstration of the North American mobile digital TV broadcasting standard during International CES 2010 in Las Vegas on January 7 - 10, 2010.
News categories: Samsung, Sprint, CES2021, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
Open Mobile Video Coalition Launching Mobile Digital TV Consumer Showcase in Q1 2010
Jan 5, 2010 – A real-world showcase to gauge consumer interest in Mobile Digital Television will begin in the Washington, D.C. area in the first quarter of 2010, with eight local area television stations transmitting to hundreds of mobile devices.
News categories: OMVC, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Portable, USA
Roundbox Demonstrates First Netbook with Integrated Mobile DTV
Apr 21, 2009 – Roundbox has announced a demonstration of the first netbook with integrated Mobile DTV reception, at NAB2009. The demonstration combines a Dell Inspiron™ Mini 10 with the Roundbox Client and an integrated tuner from LG Electronics.
News categories: Roundbox, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, NABShow, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, USA
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet