Digital TV News: PlayJam
Online games titan Miniclip moves into Smart TV with PlayJam
Apr 11, 2012 – PlayJam has partnered with Miniclip to bring content to Smart TV. Miniclip will utilize PlayJam's platform to capitalize on the growth of Smart TV gaming. Miniclip's titles will thus be monetized and distributed via all major Smart TV manufacturers.
News categories: PlayJam, Miniclip, Apps, Smart TV
PlayJam Expands Global Games TV Network with Vestel
Mar 15, 2012 – PlayJam has announced that Vestel will add the PlayJam Games Channel to its product line up of TVs and set-top boxes. The games channel will be accessible from the front page of the UI and sit alongside VOD and music streaming services.
News categories: PlayJam, Vestel, Apps, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
ACCESS DTV Browser and DLNA Solutions to Support Electra Entertainment's Hybrid DVB/IP Connected TV
Jan 7, 2011 – ACCESS CO. (TOKYO: 4813) has signed a software license agreement with Electra Entertainment. The agreement brings ACCESS' NetFront™ Browser for TV and NetFront™ Living Connect to Electra's Trove™ hybrid DVB/IP connected TV software platform.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Electra Entertainment, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, UK
PlayJam Teams with STMicroelectronics to Bring Games to TV
Jan 6, 2011 – PlayJam is teaming with STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) to bring games to connected TVs and set-top box devices. PlayJam will integrate its games channel across a wide range of ST platforms, including Freeman Ultra, a TV SoC processor.
News categories: PlayJam, STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Yahoo! and Vestel Group Partner to Deliver Yahoo! Connected TV Across Europe
Sep 3, 2010 – Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO) and Vestel (Istanbul: VESTL) have announced that consumers across Europe will soon be able to easily access thousands of content sources, movies, TV shows, social networks, videos, and other kinds of Internet content through Yahoo! Connected TV.
News categories: Yahoo!, Vestel, OTT, Smart TV
Tesco Selects Electra Trove Technology for Freeview Products
Mar 29, 2010 – Electra Entertainment has partnered with Tesco (LSE:TSCO) to distribute its interactive technology via standard and high definition Freeview-ready TVs, set top boxes and PVRs, available in stores from June 2010 onwards.
News categories: Electra Entertainment, Tesco, Digital TV, DVR, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Industry leaders create new Connected TV Game Forum
Jan 5, 2010 – A selection of the world's foremost interactive companies are establishing a new forum for the development of games on connected TV, namely Accedo, Betfair, PlayJam, RallyPoint and Two Way Media.
News categories: Connected TV Game Forum, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Intel Unveils 45nm System-on-Chip for Internet TV
Sep 24, 2009 – Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) has unveiled the Intel® Atom™ processor CE4100, the newest System-on-Chip (SoC) in a family of media processors designed to bring Internet content and services to digital TVs, DVD players and advanced set-top boxes.
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, DVD, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers