Digital TV News: Rai
Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
Nov 30, 2020 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) projects that four out of every ten mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G. Current 5G uptake confirms the technology as deploying the fastest of any generation of mobile connectivity.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Gaming, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
THEO powers 'blue TV' streaming service from Swisscom
Nov 17, 2020 – THEO Technologies has announced that THEOplayer will be used by Swisscom to deliver its blue TV (previously known as TV Air) service. Swisscom will now use THEOplayer across its web clients as well as on Connected TVs.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Swisscom, blue TV, Steven Tielemans, Samuel Schaerli, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Switzerland
HBO Max available on Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablets
Nov 16, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that HBO Max will begin rolling out on Amazon Fire TV streaming devices, Fire TV Edition smart TVs, and Fire tablets on Tuesday, November 17. HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming offering.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Amazon, HBO Max, Tony Goncalves, Marc Whitten, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, USA
Freeview and Vestel sign new 5-year partnership
Nov 10, 2020 – Freeview UK has renewed its contract with Vestel for a further five years. The deal means that the Freeview Play service will be not just present, but have prominence on all new Vestel manufactured TV sets.
News categories: Freeview, Vestel, Simon Hunt, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, HbbTV, Licensing, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
NPAW and OKAST team up on analytics for VOD and live platforms
Nov 10, 2020 – NPAW and OKAST have announced that OKAST has chosen NPAW as their video analytics technology provider, bringing NPAW’s video intelligence solution, YOUBORA, to their entire customer base.
News categories: NPAW, OKAST, Ferran G. Vilaró, Cédric Monnier, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Viaplay to be rolled out in 10 countries by the end of 2023
Nov 10, 2020 – NENT Group's Viaplay streaming service will be rolled out in 10 countries by the end of 2023, including Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and the US in 2021. By the end of 2025, NENT Group aims to increase its subscriber base to around 10.5 million.
News categories: NENT Group, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, OTT, Poland, USA
TVision secures $16 million in new funding
Nov 2, 2020 – TVision has announced that it has secured $16 million in new funding, led by SIG Asia Investments. Major corporations, networks and CTV platforms rely on TVision for person-level TV engagement data.
News categories: TVision, Susquehanna International Group, Yan Liu, Ye Li, Advertising, Big Data, USA, Venture Capital
Video entertainment adspend stable this year despite pandemic
Nov 2, 2020 – Zenith has forecast that video entertainment advertising will shrink by just 0.2% in 2020 across ten key markets this year. Video entertainment adspend will far outperform the ad market as a whole, which will drop by 8.7% across these same markets.
News categories: Zenith, Christian Lee, Jonathan Barnard, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
Oct 27, 2020 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has unveiled the company’s latest Un-carrier move, three distinct streaming services — TVision LIVE, VIBE and CHANNELS — and the TVision HUB, a streaming device, available nationwide on November 1.
News categories: T-Mobile, Mike Sievert, Android TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia