Digital TV News: Romtelecom
Zenterio delivers software solution to Telekom Romania
Sep 15, 2014 – Telekom Romania (formerly Romtelecom) has announced the rollout starting from October of a new IPTV solution, with Zenterio OS – Zenterio’s software platform – as a key component.
News categories: Zenterio, Telekom Romania, Robin Rutili, Mathias Hanel, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Romania, Set Top Box
OTE TV up 69.1% Y-o-Y in Greece
Aug 7, 2014 – OTE (ASE: HTO; OTC MARKET: HLTOY) has announced results to end-June, 2014. At the end of the quarter, OTE TV subscribers amounted to 296k, an increase of 69% year-on-year. Romtelecom TV subscribers rose by 6.8% compared to Q2’13.
News categories: OTE TV, Romtelecom, Cable TV, Greece, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
OTE (OTE TV and RomTelecom) results to end-June 2013
Aug 8, 2013 – OTE Group (ASE:HTO; OTC MARKET:HLTOY) has announced results for the quarter ended June 30, 2013. In Greece, total TV subscribers amounted to 175k, an increase of 99k year-on-year. In Romania, Romtelecom TV subscribers grew 7.3% over the year, to reach nearly 1.3 million.
News categories: OTE TV, Cable TV, Greece, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
Verimatrix Selected to Secure Next Generation IPTV and Multi-Screen Platform for Chunghwa Telecom
Mar 19, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that its Verimatrix Video Content Authority (VCAS™) 3 solutions have been selected for the IPTV and multi-screen upgrade at Taiwan's largest telecom operator, Chunghwa Telecom (TAIEX: 2412, NYSE: CHT).
News categories: Verimatrix, Chunghwa Telecom, Ericsson, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Taiwan, Video Exchange
RomTelecom Powers On-Demand TV Services With Espial MediaBase
May 17, 2011 – Espial® (TSX:ESP) has announced that RomTelecom (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE) has now surpassed 35,000 IPTV subscribers with access to on-demand TV services powered by Espial MediaBase. These include timeshift-TV and video-on-demand services.
News categories: Espial, RomTelecom, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware, Romania, Subscribers
Amino secures set-top box contract with Romtelecom
Jun 8, 2010 – Amino Technologies (AIM: AMO.L) has secured a new contract to provide set-top boxes (STB) to Romtelecom, one of the most important telecom operators in Romania and leader in the fixed communications market.
News categories: Amino, Romtelecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Romania, Set Top Box
Amino Technologies Period-end Trading Update
Jun 8, 2010 – Amino Technologies (AIM: AMO.L), the UK-based leader in digital entertainment solutions for IPTV, Internet TV and in-home multimedia distribution, has provided an update for the half-year ended 31 May 2010.
News categories: Amino, IPTV, Results, Set Top Box
OTE Conn-x IPTV at 16k subscribers and RomTelecom DTH at 880k at end-2009
Feb 25, 2010 – The OTE Group (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE) has announced results for the quarter ended December 31, 2009. As of December 2009, OTE's Conn-x IPTV service had attracted more than 16,000 subscribers. RomTelecom direct-to-home TV subscribers reached 880,000.
News categories: OTE Group, RomTelecom, Greece, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
Romtelecom launches Dolce Interactiv IPTV in 10 cities
Dec 3, 2009 – A new IPTV service from Romtelecom is available in 10 major Romanian cities. Dolce Interactiv comes at an anniversary moment, at three years after the launch of Dolce, the satellite TV service of Romtelecom.
News categories: Romtelecom, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Romania, Set Top Box
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system