Digital TV News: Sonic Solutions
Sears Chooses Sonic Solutions to Deliver Movie Downloads
Jun 22, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has entered into an agreement with Sears (Nasdaq: SHLD) to provide consumers easy access to Hollywood entertainment on a range of internet-connected devices including TVs, Blu-ray Disc players, and mobile phones.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Sears, Kmart, Blu-ray, Content Distribution, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Roxio CinePlayer Earns Blu-ray 3D Certification
Jun 21, 2010 – Roxio® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced that CinePlayer®, its comprehensive media player for Windows®, has received Blu-ray Profile 5 (3D®) certification from the Blu-ray Disc Association.
News categories: Roxio, Blu-ray, Media Player, VR
Boxee to Team with Sonic Solutions on Premium Content Streaming
Jun 15, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced that Boxee will license RoxioNow™ to power premium entertainment storefronts through its Web-to-TV desktop application, as well as upcoming set-top boxes, TVs, and mobile devices running Boxee.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Boxee, Content Distribution, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Sonic and RealD Align to Drive Home 3D
Jun 9, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) and RealD have announced a strategic alliance. As part of the collaboration, Sonic is integrating the propriety stereoscopic RealD Format into its RoxioNow™ premium entertainment platform.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, RealD, Media Player, OTT, VR
Sonic Solutions to Acquire DivX
Jun 2, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) and DivX (Nasdaq: DIVX) have jointly announced that they have signed a definitive merger agreement for Sonic Solutions to acquire DivX.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, DivX, Media Player, MnA, OTT
Sonic Announces 'Total 3D' Initiative
Apr 28, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (NASDAQ: SNIC) has announced a broad program to support the arrival of 3D in the home -- with new professional and consumer solutions for the creation, publishing, and playback of 3D digital video content.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, VR
RoxioNow™ Available on Zoran Advanced HDTV Processor Platform
Apr 26, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced the availability of the RoxioNow™ entertainment platform on Zoran's (Nasdaq: ZRAN) advanced SupraHD® TV processor reference design.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Zoran, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Widevine 4.4.4 Brings New Over-the-Top and TV Everywhere Features, Customers and Devices
Apr 21, 2010 – Widevine has announced the commercial availability of version 4.4.4 of its video optimization and digital rights management (DRM) platform for over-the-top and TV Everywhere services delivered to retail consumer electronics.
News categories: Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, OTT
Sonic Solutions and DivX Bring Strategic Partnership to Mobile Devices
Feb 15, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) and DivX (Nasdaq: DIVX) have announced at Mobile World Congress an expanded partnership to enable the digital distribution of an extensive catalogue of premium titles on DivX Certified® mobile devices.
News categories: DivX, Sonic Solutions, Middleware, Mobile, MWC20, OTT, Tablet
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers