Digital TV News: SpaceX
AMOS-17 successfully launched
Aug 7, 2019 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has confirmed the successful launch of its AMOS-17 satellite en route to its 17°E orbital position. AMOS-17 has C-Band HTS, Ka-band and Ku-band capabilities. During the next weeks, the satellite will begin its testing processes in orbit.
News categories: Spacecom, David Pollack, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Arabsat 6A successfully launched
Apr 12, 2019 – Arabsat 6A has been successfully launched from Cape Canaveral in Florida on a Falcon-Heavy rocket. The satellite, manufactured by Lockheed Martin, is to be placed in the exclusive orbit of Arabsat at 30.5 degrees East.
News categories: Arabsat, Khaled bin Ahmed Balkheyour, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
SES-12 now operational over Asia-Pacific and the Middle East
Feb 26, 2019 – SES has announced that SES-12 is now ready to serve its video, fixed data, mobility and government customers across Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. The satellite, which is designed with wide and high throughput beams, will join SES-8 at 95°E.
News categories: SES S.A, Ruy Pinto, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
SES-12 successfully launched
Jun 3, 2018 – SES has announced that SES-12 was successfully launched onboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral. SES-12 will join SES-8 at 95°E to meet the needs of video, fixed data, mobility and government customers across Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.
News categories: SES S.A, Martin Halliwell, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Twitter announces over 30 premium video content deals
Apr 30, 2018 – Twitter has returned to the Digital Content NewFronts with an expanded slate of live and original video programming. Over 30 new collaborations and renewals were announced across entertainment, news, sports, gaming and beyond.
News categories: Twitter, Matthew Derella, Kay Madati, Digital TV, OTT, Social TV, USA
Hispasat 30W-6 satellite successfully launched
Mar 6, 2018 – HISPASAT has successfully launched its twelfth satellite, Hispasat 30W-6. From its orbital position at 30° West, Hispasat 30W-6 will replace and broaden the capacity of Hispasat 30W-4. It has 40 Ku-band transponders, up to 6 Ka-band beams and 10 C-band transponders.
News categories: HISPASAT, Carlos Espinós, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Satellite, Spain
SpaceX successfully launches Koreasat-5A
Oct 30, 2017 – SpaceX has successfully launched the Koreasat-5A satellite from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center, Florida. Koreasat-5A is a communications satellite operated by KT SAT. Koreasat-5A will provide DTH broadcast, broadband, and backhaul services with its Ku-Band capacity.
News categories: SpaceX, KT SAT, Digital TV, Korea, Satellite
Thaicom inks transponder agreement with MVI for Lao DTH platform
Jul 24, 2017 – Thaicom has announced that it has signed a transponder leasing agreement with MV International Company Limited (MVI), a leading Thai broadcaster and DTH platform operator, to establish a pay TV platform in Laos.
News categories: Thaicom, Patompob (Nile) Suwansiri, Kuntima Sarika, Chaiyuth Tavipvordech, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Laos, Satellite
Intelsat 35e launches successfully
Jul 6, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced the successful launch of the Intelsat 35e satellite, the fourth of the Intelsat EpicNG high throughput satellites. Intelsat 35e includes a payload for the DTH services of Canal+ in the Caribbean.
News categories: Intelsat, Stephen Spengler, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption