Digital TV News: T-Home
250,000 interactive TV subscribers for Magyar Telekom
Apr 3, 2012 – Following a dramatic increase in the past period, the number of T-Home Hungary (Reuters: MTEL.BU and Bloomberg: MTELEKOM HB) customers subscribing to interactive TV services has exceeded 250 thousand.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Hungary, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
Magyar Telekom launches hybrid satellite TV service
Nov 23, 2011 – T-Home Hungary has announced that, starting on December 1, 2011, the company will introduce a satellite TV package, under the name of Interactive Sat TV, offering additional interactive services over broadband.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, T-Home, Digital TV, Gateway, Hungary, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
Magyar Telekom Sat TV up 35k and IPTV up 14k in 4Q09
Feb 25, 2010 – Magyar Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) has reported results for 2009. The total number of TV customers at the end of 2009 was 630,000, up by 174,000 from a year earlier and up 46,000 in the quarter.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Hungary, IPTV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Subscribers
Eastern Europe Satellite Pay TV Launch Frenzy Continues
Nov 13, 2009 – The latest analysis from Screen Digest focused on the Central and Eastern European pay-TV market shows that the recent rapid growth in new satellite TV market entrants in Central and Eastern Europe shows no signs of slowing down.
News categories: Screen Digest, Digital TV, Macedonia, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Slovakia, Ukraine
Magyar Telekom Sat TV up 34k and IPTV up 9k in 3Q09
Nov 5, 2009 – Magyar Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) has reported results for the first nine months of 2009. The total number of TV customers was 584,000 at the end of September with growth mostly driven by satellite. Demand for IPTV also strengthened.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Hungary, IPTV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Deutsche Telekom offers HD-compatible 320GB PVR
Oct 9, 2009 – The new MR 301 HD-compatible hard-disk recorder from Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE, NYSE: DT) has been available since the beginning of October. The receiver has a 320-GB hard disk with space for up to 190 hours of programs.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, T-Home, DVR, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
Deutsche Telekom Entertain IPTV passes 800,000 marketed packages
Sep 4, 2009 – The Entertain IPTV offering from Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) is about to break into the mass market with over 800,000 marketed packages. The Group has a target of marketing one million Entertain packages by the end of the year.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, DVR, Germany, IFA2020, IPTV, Middleware, Subscribers
More than one million households have digital pay TV in Hungary
Aug 12, 2009 – According to Hungary's National Communications Authority (NHH), at the end of June more than one million households in the country had digital pay TV out of a total of nearly 3 million pay TV households.
News categories: NHH, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Magyar Telekom Sat TV reaches 47k subs; IPTV at 60k
May 7, 2009 – Magyar Telekom (NYSE: MTA)(Budapest: MTELEKOM) has reported results for the first quarter of 2009. In Hungary, T-Home Sat TV customers reached 47,144 at March 31, 2009. IPTV grew significantly in Hungary, Macedonia and Montenegro.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Hungary, IPTV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV