Digital TV News: TiVo
RCN chooses TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
Apr 24, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that RCN has selected TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform. RCN will be the first operator to deploy the Next-Gen Platform and will roll out the video solution to its high-speed internet, digital TV and home phone customers.
News categories: TiVo Corp, RCN, Jeffrey Glahn, Patrick Murphy, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Atlantic Broadband brings new TiVo experience to Low Country area of South Carolina
Apr 17, 2019 – Atlantic Broadband has announced that it has launched TiVo's Unified Entertainment System in the Low Country area of South Carolina. The platform features a modern user interface, personalized viewing recommendations and a voice remote.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, TiVo Corp, Heather McCallion, Debbie Eblen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
BitRouter shows an ATSC 3.0 gateway demo on a TiVo BOLT OTA Player at NAB 2019
Apr 8, 2019 – BitRouter has announced that it has enhanced the capabilities of its ATSC3pro receiver to include gateway functionality. This will allow ATSC3pro customers to both use the device as a set-top box and stream live content to remote devices.
News categories: BitRouter, TiVo Corp, Gopal Miglani, Ted Malone, ATSC, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, NABShow, USA
Redbox chooses TiVo for personalization and content discovery
Apr 8, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Redbox has chosen TiVo to deliver personalized content experiences to its customers via TiVo’s Personalized Content Discovery platform. Redbox is America’s destination for new-release movie and video game rentals.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Redbox, Walt Horstman, Ash Eldifrawi, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
TiVo launches CubiTV for Android
Mar 26, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the launch of TiVo’s CubiTV for Android TV. CubiTV for Android TV is a modular, pre-integrated solution that enables operators to begin their journey with the Android TV Operator Tier.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Jakub Gorski, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Funimation licenses TiVo's Search, Recommendations and Insight modules
Mar 14, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Funimation, a global anime content provider, has licensed the Search, Recommendations and Insight modules of TiVo’s Personalized Content Discovery (PCD) platform.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Funimation, Sean Moore, Big Data, Digital TV, North America, OTT, UX
Atlantic Broadband adds Alexa functionality to its TiVo-powered video platform
Mar 6, 2019 – Atlantic Broadband has announced that Amazon Alexa voice control functionality is now available through its TiVo-powered video platform. With the enhancement, customer can issue hands-free voice commands without the need for a remote control.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, TiVo Corp, Alexa, Heather McCallion, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA, UX
TiVo signs video metadata and IP license extension with TikiLIVE
Feb 21, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that TikiLIVE has extended its license agreements for TiVo Video Metadata and intellectual property (IP). TikiLIVE has consolidated its metadata providers and standardized on TiVo to meet its metadata requirements.
News categories: TiVo Corp, TikiLIVE, Jeffrey Glahn, Tim Green, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Worldwide
TiVo announces metadata deal with Sky Mexico
Feb 20, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Sky Mexico is to use TiVo as the primary metadata provider for its next-generation platform. The agreement enables Sky Mexico to consolidate its metadata rather than relying on multiple vendors.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Sky Mexico, Karl Misling, Big Data, Central America, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Satellite
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS