Digital TV News: Freeview
Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
Oct 29, 2020 – Freeview has announced the first roll out of its Accessible TV Guide, now available on supported Freeview Play devices in the UK. The Guide will make it simpler for viewers with accessibility needs to discover and find content more easily.
News categories: Freeview, Simon Hunt, Gary Thomas, John Paton, Kristina Barrick, Vikki Cook, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, UX
Freeview Play launches on Amazon Fire TV Edition
Oct 12, 2020 – Freeview Play is launching on selected Fire TV Edition TVs, thanks to an agreement between Digital UK and Amazon. Fire TV Edition TVs with Freeview Play will be launching later this year.
News categories: Digital UK, Amazon, Jonathan Thompson, Emma Gilmartin, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Cello launches Android TVs in partnership with Google
Sep 1, 2020 – Cello has worked closely with Google to develop an exclusive range of smart TVs, which come with Google Assistant, Chromecast and Google Play Store all built in to one device, straight out of the box.
News categories: Cello Electronics, Brian Palmer, Android TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, UK
Arqiva supports Freeview Play metadata migration to the Cloud
Jul 27, 2020 – Arqiva has created a cloud-based metadata management system for Digital UK. The system supports the migration of the Freeview Play service information platform to a highly scalable public cloud infrastructure.
News categories: Arqiva, Digital UK, Laurie Patten, James Jackson, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
ACCESS releases NetFront Browser BE v2.8
Jul 21, 2020 – ACCESS Europe has announced the release of NetFront Browser BE v2.8 that supports the company’s goal of providing the automotive, entertainment, and media markets with the most secure and advanced commercial embedded browser.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Dr. Neale Foster, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Worldwide
SERAPHIC launches Freeview Play 2020 solution
Jul 15, 2020 – SERAPHIC has launched a Freeview Play 2020 solution that is ready for deployment. Freeview play 2020 includes previously optional companion screen and media synchronization features.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Xinwen Xue, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
Jul 2, 2020 – Vewd has launched Broadcast Plus, a solution that offers smart TV manufacturers an easy-to-deploy, certification-ready broadcaster user experience for both live TV and on-demand content.
News categories: Vewd, Sascha Prüter, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
Jun 29, 2020 – Origin broadband and Netgem have joined forces to offer Origin TV, a multiscreen service. The product offers an entertainment experience at a great price as an alternative to the traditional expensive broadband TV offerings.
News categories: Netgem, Origin Broadband, Sylvain Thevenot, Oliver Bryssau, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
DTH free-to-air bouquets spreading across sub-Saharan Africa
Jun 25, 2020 – DTH free-to-air bouquets are spreading across sub-Saharan Africa. These offers, which bundle FTA channels and a set-top box, are currently received by more than 8 million households in the region, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box