Digital TV News: Frode Hernes
Intertrust and Vewd introduce content protection for HbbTV
Jun 6, 2019 – Intertrust and Vewd have announced pre-integration of Intertrust's ExpressPlay XCA with Vewd Core, for operator HbbTV deployments. Using the solution, device manufacturers are able to offer a more complete software stack of content protection and HbbTV support.
News categories: Vewd, Intertrust, Frode Hernes, Guido Cugi, Content Protection, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Worldwide
BBC R&D shows content substitution at IBC with Vewd and Mediatek
Sep 15, 2018 – Together with Vewd and MediaTek, BBC R&D is showcasing the latest HbbTV advancements in content substitution at IBC. Vewd worked to optimize Vewd Core, its HTML5 SDK for smart TVs, as well as the Vewd Core HbbTV module, to support some of the BBC’s most advanced use cases.
News categories: Vewd, MediaTek, BBC, Frode Hernes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Smart TV, UK
Opera TV debuts HbbTV 2.0 SDK for TV and STB manufacturers
Aug 27, 2015 – Opera TV will soon start shipping its Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) 2.0 software development kit (SDK) to TV manufacturers and set-top-box OEMs, enabling them to get to market with HbbTV-2.0-compliant devices.
News categories: Opera TV, HbbTV Association, Frode Hernes, Klaus Illgner, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Opera and Sigma Designs power a superior web experience on connected devices
Jan 8, 2013 – Opera Software and Sigma Designs® (NASDAQ: SIGM) have announced that the Opera Devices Software Development Kit (SDK) 3.5, the Opera TV Browser and the Opera TV Store will be integrated with Sigma Designs' Smart TV processors.
News categories: Opera Software, Sigma Designs, CES2020, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Digital TV Labs' Ligada test tool facilitates Opera HbbTV browser integration
Oct 11, 2011 – Digital TV Labs has announced that it is working closely with Opera, the globally renowned browser supplier, to provide CE manufacturers with a swift and easy integration of the company's new HbbTV-ready browser technology.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Opera Software, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Opera lifts the curtain on Opera TV Store and TV Emulator at IBC
Sep 7, 2011 – At IBC 2011, Opera Software will reveal the all new Opera TV Store, a simple solution for developers to build HTML5 apps for connected TVs and devices. OEMs can take advantage of these ready-made apps and offer them to their customers in an instant.
News categories: Opera Software, Apps, Blu-ray, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
HbbTV solution ready to electrify market
Mar 22, 2011 – At the IP&TV World Forum, Opera Software and TARA Systems have announced the availability of a fully-integrated HbbTV solution for connected TVs and set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Opera Software, TARA Systems, HbbTV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Video Exchange
Opera's exciting new TV lineup at IP&TV World Forum
Mar 21, 2011 – At the IP&TV World Forum, Opera Software will unveil a new version of its embeddable browser engine for TVs, so, in addition to watching your favorite shows, you can also browse related websites and use associated web applications.
News categories: Opera Software, Middleware, OTT, Video Exchange
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA