Digital TV News: Hitachi
ARK Multicasting broadcasts both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack
Oct 8, 2019 – ARK Multicasting has announced the first broadcast of both ATSC 1.0 and NEXTGEN TV ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack. An ATSC 1.0 signal was tested with a Hitachi-Comark transmitter and Ateme encoder. Using the same transmission equipment with the addition of an ATSC 3.0 stack by ENENSYS, the signal was converted to NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: ARK Multicasting, Hitachi-Comark, Airwavz.tv, ENENSYS, ATEME, Vern Fotheringham, Dick Fiore, Bonnie Beeman, Régis LE ROUX, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Comark appointed as DigiCAP reseller for ATSC 3.0 solutions
Jul 31, 2019 – DigiCAP has appointed COMARK as an authorized reseller and service provider of the DigiCAP hardware and software product line. COMARK will be focusing on the North American broadcast DTV market for ATSC 3.0 solutions.
News categories: COMARK, DigiCAP, Tim Hosmer, Sang Jin Yoon, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gateway, North America
Vestel integrates HD Austria TV App on Toshiba, JVC and Hitachi branded TVs
Apr 25, 2019 – HD Austria has announced that, thanks to a cooperation with Vestel, its TV app is now available on Toshiba, JVC and Hitachi Smart TVs. The Smart TV app is supported by all devices with an integrated satellite tuner from those brands.
News categories: HD Austria, Vestel, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Satellite, Smart TV
M7 app integrated with Vestel-produced smart TVs
Apr 24, 2019 – M7 Group has agreed with Vestel to integrate the M7 smart TV app into the latest Vestel smart TVs. For the markets in which M7 operates, Vestel produced smart TVs are available under various brands, including Toshiba, Hitachi, JVC, Finlux and Telefunken.
News categories: M7 Group, Vestel, Hans Troelstra, Hakan Kutlu, Apps, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Netherlands, Satellite, Slovakia, Smart TV
ATEME renews partnership with Hitachi Kokusai Linear
Apr 23, 2019 – ATEME has renewed its partnership with Hitachi Kokusai Linear (HKL). ATEME will supply low latency Kyrion encoders for use alongside HKL transmitters to support growing demand from Brazil's broadcast market.
News categories: ATEME, Hitachi Kokusai Linear, Luis Silva, Fabio Pina, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Digital Alert Systems powers ATSC 3.0 Advanced Emergency Alerting demos at NAB 2019
Apr 2, 2019 – Digital Alert Systems has announced that its DASDEC series of Emergency Alert System (EAS)/Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) encoder/decoders will power demonstrations across the 2019 NAB Show that showcase the ATSC 3.0 Advanced Emergency Alerting (AEA) specification.
News categories: Digital Alert Systems, Ed Czarnecki, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Thomson Broadcast returns to the U.S. targeting ATSC 3.0
Apr 2, 2019 – Thomson Broadcast has announced that it is expanding its business to the United States in response to what it sees as a invigorated broadcast television market spurred by the channel repack and the deployment of ATSC 3.0 Next Gen TV.
News categories: Thomson Broadcast, Groupe Sipromad, Aby Alexander, Jay Yogeshwar, Ylias Akbaraly, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
Mar 15, 2019 – Comark Digital Services has signed a reseller agreement with Triveni Digital for transmission, test and monitoring equipment for ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 installations. Comark Digital Services provides integration and system design services for TV stations.
News categories: Comark, Triveni Digital, Joe Turbolski, Ralph Bachofen, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
DISH trials ATSC 3.0 as part of Spectrum Co's Dallas SFN project
Apr 8, 2018 – DISH has trialed the transmission and reception of the ATSC 3.0 standard as part of Spectrum Consortium's 'Next Gen' deployment project in Dallas. Using its 700 MHz E Block spectrum, DISH deployed on Spectrum Co.'s Garland SFN site.
News categories: DISH Network, Tom Cullen, John Hane, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan