Digital TV News: Hugo Condesa
WeTek integrates XroadMedia discovery and recommendations
Sep 4, 2019 – WeTek and XroadMedia have announced that Ncanto, XroadMedia’s content discovery and recommendations solution, is being integrated into all WeTek solutions, namely WeCast and all of the company's Android TV Operator Tier developments.
News categories: WeTek, XroadMedia, Hugo Condesa, Adolf Proidl, Android TV, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2019, UX, Worldwide
WeTek helps Intek and Transvision to deploy Android TV in Indonesia
Sep 2, 2019 – WeTek has announced a successful partnership with Intek and Transvision, helping both companies deliver an Android TV solution in Indonesia. The project included the design of the company’s newest set-top box line.
News categories: WeTek, Intek, Transvision, Hugo Condesa, Shine Kim, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite, Set Top Box
NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
Mar 15, 2019 – WeTek and NexPlayer have partnered to create an end-to-end OTT platform supporting Widevine DRM with both HLS and DASH. The solution can be deployed on Android, iOS, Android TVs, Android STBs, Samsung Tizen, LG webOS, and HTML5.
News categories: WeTek, NexPlayer, Hugo Condesa, Carlos Lucas, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
WeTek develops streaming service for children with TV4You
Nov 3, 2017 – At the next Web Summit in Lisbon, WeTek will unveil PlayTimeTV, a streaming service for children developed in partnership with the Portuguese content provider TV4You. The service is based on WeTek’s OVP platform - WeCast.
News categories: WeTek, TV4You, Hugo Condesa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Portugal, Set Top Box
WeTek provides STBs for Triple-C IPTV in partnership with Vonetize
Apr 28, 2017 – Triple-C is launching SMART, an IPTV service for the Israeli market, with WeTek providing customized set-top boxes fully adapted to both Triple C’s network and Vonetize’s content distribution service.
News categories: WeTek, Vonetize, Triple-C, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, Set Top Box
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024