Digital TV News: Hyogun Lee
Samsung announces support for HDR10+ on 8K
Sep 4, 2019 – Samsung has announced that it will support the world’s first 8K HDR10+ content, partnering with three European streaming services. CHILI, The Explorers and MEGOGO will adopt 8K HDR10+ along with support for 4K HDR10+.
News categories: Samsung, MEGOGO, Hyogun Lee, Victor Chekanov, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Russia, Smart TV
8K Association formed to help develop 8K ecosystem
Jan 8, 2019 – A group of display technology brands have come together at CES 2019 to form the 8K Association (8KA). The group recently signed an MOU to form the non-profit organization to advance their common vision and mission.
News categories: 8K Association, Hyogun Lee, Dr. Weidong Liu, Chris Larson, WeiLung Liau, Michiko Ogawa, CES, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Samsung enables Remote Access to wireless home devices through the TV
Dec 27, 2018 – Samsung has announced Remote Access. With Remote Access, input devices, including keyboards, can be connected wirelessly to a Samsung Smart TV, making it easier for users to control their on-screen content.
News categories: Samsung, VMware, Hyogun Lee, Shankar Iyer, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Samsung plans HDR10+ certification center with TIRT in China
Dec 23, 2018 – Samsung has announced HDR10+ ecosystem expansion to 45 industry partners and the construction of a new certification center in China. The new partnerships will expand the impact of HDR10+ technology across different market segments.
News categories: Samsung, Hyogun Lee, Irina Grandel, China, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
TVkey adds forensic watermarking with NexGuard
Sep 18, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced NexGuard as the first forensic watermarking solution approved for use with TVkey. The TVkey USB dongle offers a secure way for pay TV operators to bring advanced services directly to TV sets.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, NexGuard, Maurice Van Riek, Hyogun Lee, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, Smart TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
TVkey launches at HD+ in Germany
Mar 6, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced the world’s first commercial deployment of TVkey at German satellite operator HD+. TVkey provides TV-platforms and pay-TV operators with a low-cost route to market for their services.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, HD PLUS, Pierre Roy, Hyogun Lee, Georges Agnes, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Technicolor joins the HEVC Advance patent pool
- Verizon to give customers 12 months of Disney+
- Roku to acquire dataxu
- Wyplay and SmarDTV to offer off-the-shelf Android TV platforms
- Alticast partners with LowaSIS for ATSC 3.0 devices
- YuppTV joins forces with BSNL for triple play services
- Comscore to provide measurement for Premion's CTV/OTT ad platform
- egta and The Global TV Group define ad measurement standards
- Xandr adds Clypd to its portfolio of products and services
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph