Digital TV News: Infonetics Research
Cable STB sales perk up in 1Q14
Jun 16, 2014 – According to Infonetics, cable STBs were the only segment to see unit and revenue growth in 1Q14. The company expects the OTT media server segment to grow from 6% of global STB revenue in 1Q14 to 14% by 2018.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
OTT and multiscreen TV drive spending on broadcast and streaming video equipment
Jun 3, 2014 – According to Infonetics, the broadcast and streaming video equipment market grew 5.6% worldwide in 2013, as spending on CDNs increased while spending on contribution encoders and VOD playout servers decreased.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Content Distribution, Market Research, Worldwide
Operators rate Arris and Pace top residential gateway vendors
May 23, 2014 – According to Infonetics Research, Arris and Pace have supplanted Huawei and ZTE (from last year’s survey) as the perceived top residential gateway vendors among Infonetics’ operator respondents.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
802.11ac to become standard for IPTV set-top boxes
May 20, 2014 – According to an Infonetics Research survey, 802.11n is currently the most widely-used WiFi technology for IP set-top boxes, with 802.11ac showing the biggest gain, growing from 6% today to 67% next year.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Wireless, Worldwide
Video gateways a bright spot in slumping STB market
Mar 14, 2014 – According to Infonetics, the global set-top box (STB) market—including IP/cable/satellite/DTT STBs and OTT media servers—totaled $18 billion in 2013, a decline of 10% from the previous year.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Emerging markets driving growth in pay-TV market
Feb 18, 2014 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its 1st edition Pay TV Subscriber Database. The top 5 satellite providers by subscribers are DIRECTV US, DISH Network, DIRECTV Latin America, Tata Sky, and BSkyB.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
Pay-TV operators look to 'second screen' apps and enhanced DVR
Feb 12, 2014 – According to Infonetics Research, value-added services like second screen apps and enhanced DVR capabilities have gained in popularity due to the convergence happening in the living room between smartphones, tablets, and connected TVs.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Digital TV, Market Research, Multiscreen, Personal Video Recorder, Smartphone, Tablet, Worldwide
NETGEAR announces Android set-top box HDMI dongle
Jan 6, 2014 – NETGEAR (NASDAQGM: NTGR) has introduced the NETGEAR NeoMediacast™ HDMI Dongle. The NTV300D is a Miracast®-enabled platform that enables service providers to use Android™ applications to offer their subscribers OTT content.
News categories: NETGEAR, Michael Clegg, Jeff Heynen, CES2017, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Focus of home networking industry squarely on multiscreen video
Nov 8, 2013 – According to Infonetics Research, in China, South East Asia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Latin America, the focus of home networking is first on expanding WiFi coverage, then quickly shifting to distributing multiscreen video
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Gateway, Market Research, Multiscreen, Router, Smart Home
- Taiwan's TTV partners with 8sian to offer AI-enabled OTT service and app
- Samba TV partners with SpotX for OTT audience targeting and ad serving
- 904,000 Freesat TVs and set-top boxes sold in UK
- NPAW business intelligence available through Kaltura’s TV Platform
- Síminn gears up for 4K with Broadpeak
- HDR sets will surpass 4K TV shipments in 2020
- SERAPHIC and IRT show latest HbbTV 2 features at BroadcastAsia 2017
- Quiptel and Verimatrix deliver West Africa’s first secure OTT service
- Melita and Vodafone Malta announce merger
- Hrvatski Telekom presents a new generation of MAXtv
- Viaccess-Orca acquires Squadeo
- Irdeto watermarking passes ChinaDRM security tests
- Concurrent storage selected for timeshift TV at Leucom in Switzerland
- Altice announces new global strategy: One Group, One Brand
- VOD market to reach $77.7 billion by 2024
- European Council proposes revised directive on audiovisual media services
- Hessischer Rundfunk selects ATEME for DVB-T2/OTT headend
- Bridge Technologies monitors IP networks for TOT in Thailand
- ACCESS TV browsers pre-integrated by Foxxum
- SERAPHIC partners with ALi to launch Sraf Lite browser