Digital TV News: Infonetics Research
Emerging markets driving growth in pay-TV market
Feb 18, 2014 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its 1st edition Pay TV Subscriber Database. The top 5 satellite providers by subscribers are DIRECTV US, DISH Network, DIRECTV Latin America, Tata Sky, and BSkyB.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
Pay-TV operators look to 'second screen' apps and enhanced DVR
Feb 12, 2014 – According to Infonetics Research, value-added services like second screen apps and enhanced DVR capabilities have gained in popularity due to the convergence happening in the living room between smartphones, tablets, and connected TVs.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Digital TV, Market Research, Multiscreen, Personal Video Recorder, Smartphone, Tablet, Worldwide
NETGEAR announces Android set-top box HDMI dongle
Jan 6, 2014 – NETGEAR (NASDAQGM: NTGR) has introduced the NETGEAR NeoMediacast™ HDMI Dongle. The NTV300D is a Miracast®-enabled platform that enables service providers to use Android™ applications to offer their subscribers OTT content.
News categories: NETGEAR, Michael Clegg, Jeff Heynen, CES2015, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Focus of home networking industry squarely on multiscreen video
Nov 8, 2013 – According to Infonetics Research, in China, South East Asia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Latin America, the focus of home networking is first on expanding WiFi coverage, then quickly shifting to distributing multiscreen video
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Gateway, Home Networking, Market Research, Multiscreen, Router
IPTV and cable TV subscribers on opposite trajectories
Nov 7, 2013 – According to Infonetics Research's Pay TV Subscriber Database, from 4Q12 to 1Q13, IPTV subscribers grew over 6% worldwide, while cable video subs declined around 1%.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Gains in Asia and Latin America STB markets won’t offset declines in N. America, W. Europe
Oct 31, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Set-Top Boxes and Pay TV Subscribers report. There are real STB unit shipment declines occurring in America and Europe that won’t be offset by growth in Asia Pacific and Latin America until 2014.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
First CCAP deployments underway
Aug 30, 2013 – Infonetics has released excerpts from its 2Q13 CMTS and Edge QAM Hardware and Subscribers report. The global CMTS and edge QAM market declined 4% in 2Q13, to $313 million, as lower-cost CMTS downstream and edge QAM channel shipments dominated the product mix.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, CPE, Market Research, USA
BRIC countries keep Pay-TV market growing despite cable subscriber losses
Jul 30, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Pay TV Services and Subscribers report. Cable makes up the largest portion of the pay-TV market, but this will change by 2017 when satellite grows to more than 40% of total pay-TV revenue.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Apple's HTTP Live Streaming tops list of preferred OTT video streaming services
Jul 16, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its IP Set-Top Box Features and Vendor Leadership: Global Service Provider Survey, which analyzes the trends and assesses the needs of service providers deploying IP set-top boxes (STBs) to deliver video services.
News categories: Infonetics Research, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
- LG to unveil webOS 2.0 Smart TV platform at CES 2015
- DISH first major US pay TV provider to integrate Netflix
- Play Cast Maldives receives cable TV licence
- Broadcom STB platform to accelerate Mexico's transition to digital TV
- 2.3 million active smartcards for Italy's TivùSat
- Cello Electronics TVs to offer Stream TV glasses-free 3D
- Belgium's Mobistar starts trials of its internet and digital TV services
- Wyplay connects STBs with SIGFOX IoT network
- Multi-Gigabit cable broadband speeds get closer for consumers
- Broadcom introduces first GPS-enabled device for satellite outdoor units
- 43.9% of French TV households have TV-over-ADSL
- Espial showcases RDK, 4K, OTT and HTML5 TV user experiences at CES 2015
- HBO GO now available on Amazon Fire TV
- Deluxe expands 4K UHD capabilities of Deluxe OnDemand™
- BT enters into exclusive negotiations to acquire EE
- Poland’s nc+ extends capacity agreement with Eutelsat
- Carr Communications selects Inca Networks transcoder for IPTV service
- Czech and Slovak public broadcasters begin Ultra HD test broadcasts on ASTRA 3B
- Cisco leads in both Video Infrastructure Software and Hardware
- 78% of U.S. legacy pay TV subscribers have TV Everywhere access