Digital TV News: Infonetics Research
Apple's HTTP Live Streaming tops list of preferred OTT video streaming services
Jul 16, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its IP Set-Top Box Features and Vendor Leadership: Global Service Provider Survey, which analyzes the trends and assesses the needs of service providers deploying IP set-top boxes (STBs) to deliver video services.
News categories: Infonetics Research, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
IPTV upstarts in Brazil, Russia, Europe winning subscribers from pay TV incumbents
Jul 8, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its new Pay TV Subscriber Database. China Telecom is the world leader in telco IPTV subscribers, with 20.5 million subscribers as of 4Q12.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Cable set-top boxes buck usual Q1 lull
Jul 1, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its 1st quarter 2013 (1Q13) Set-Top Boxes and Pay TV Subscribers market share and forecast report. The global set-top box market totaled $4.4 billion in 1Q13, a decline of 5% from 4Q12.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
Jun 12, 2013 – Infonetics has released excerpts from its 1Q13 Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. Owing to the continued strong growth of FTTH and cable CPE, the broadband CPE market hit $2.2 billion in 1Q13, an increase of 6% sequentially and 17% from the year-ago quarter.
News categories: Infonetics, Broadband, Cable Modem, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Router
Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
May 20, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. According to the report, the home networking device market totaled $4.9 billion in the second half of 2012 (2H12), a 5% increase over the first half of 2012 (1H12).
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, Home Networking, Market Research, MoCA, Set Top Box
Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
May 16, 2013 – According to a survey from market research firm Infonetics, broadband data, IPTV, WiFi hotspot access, and VoIP are the main applications operator respondents are currently offering using a residential gateway.
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
STB market springs back; video gateways, media players drive future growth
Apr 8, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its 4th quarter 2012 (4Q12) and year-end Set-Top Boxes and Pay TV Subscribers market share and forecast report, which tracks IP, cable, satellite, and hybrid set-top boxes (STBs) and over-the-top (OTT) media servers.
News categories: Infonetics, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Set Top Box
Cable TV Losing Subscribers to Satellite and IPTV
Nov 20, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its November 2012 Pay TV Services and Subscribers report, which forecasts and analyzes the telco Internet protocol television (IPTV), cable video, and satellite video services markets.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Satellite STBs Surge in Q2
Oct 17, 2012 – According to Infonetics Research, satellite set-top boxes surged in Q2, with global shipments up 20% and revenue up 19% sequentially. The biggest growth is coming from the Asia Pacific region but growth is also strong in the Americas.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Mexico pay TV penetration expected to reach 75% by 2018
- Akamai tops ABI Research multiscreen video service providers competitive assessment
- Verizon FiOS Video net additions slow further to 57,000 in 1Q 2014
- Time Warner Cable video subscribers down 34,000 in 1Q 2014
- Liberty Puerto Rico offers ActiveVideo Cloud UI
- Tigo Bolivia satellite DTH launches
- Single Touch and PMC form video patent exploitation JV
- Harmonic and Elemental tie for lead in multiscreen encoder market
- TalkTalk boosts movie range with FilmFlex deal
- Mexico's Megacable deploys Unified Headend from Harmonic
- Infosys to deliver TV apps for Orange Livebox Play
- Swisscom Android IPTV set-top operated by iWedia software
- U-verse TV adds 201,000 subscribers in 1Q 2014
- Fan TV coming to Time Warner Cable subscribers
- VESA and MIPI announce Display Stream Compression standard
- VIVA+ DTH launches in Indonesia
- TEO LT adds 1,369 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2014
- The Chernin Group and AT&T create OTT joint venture
- Comcast adds 24,000 billable video customers in 1Q 2014
- ViXS demonstrates RDK client on UltraHD 4K platform