Digital TV News: Kirk Edwardson
Sharp expands deal with Espial for Smart TVs
Jul 8, 2014 – Espial has announced that Sharp has selected Espial TV Browser for additional mid-range smart TV models in select geographies to offer rich Smart TV Apps and HTML5 user experiences.
News categories: Espial, Sharp Corp, Kirk Edwardson, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
HbbTV Association announces Asian symposium
May 27, 2014 – The HbbTV Association has announced the 'HbbTV Symposium: Asia'. The conference is to take place on June 18th at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Singapore during the Broadcast Asia and CommunicAsia 2014 tradeshows.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Régis Saint Girons, Kirk Edwardson, Asia, ConnecTechAsia, HbbTV, Singapore
Espial to demo HTML5 UI at RDK User Conference
Feb 5, 2014 – Espial has announced that it will show a high performance HTML5 TV user experience demo on multiple RDK IP and hybrid set-top boxes (STB) for attendees of the upcoming RDK User Conference in Denver, Colorado.
News categories: Espial, RDK Management, Kirk Edwardson, Cable TV, HTML5, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Espial Brings Advanced HTML5 Solutions to TV Connect
Mar 13, 2013 – Espial has announced that it will showcase a comprehensive range of multiscreen television solutions at TV Connect, March 19-21 in London. Visitors to the Espial stand 233 will see its agile IP video delivery system and advanced HTML5 set-top box (STB) client.
News categories: Espial, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Espial Optimizes Espial MediaBase for MPEG-DASH Streaming
Oct 2, 2012 – Espial has announced that the company's Espial MediaBase on-demand video platform now supports MPEG-DASH, a new adaptive streaming protocol that is being rapidly adopted across the pay-TV industry.
News categories: Espial, DASH Industry Forum, Middleware, OTT
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019