Digital TV News: Kirk Edwardson
Sharp expands deal with Espial for Smart TVs
Jul 8, 2014 – Espial has announced that Sharp has selected Espial TV Browser for additional mid-range smart TV models in select geographies to offer rich Smart TV Apps and HTML5 user experiences.
News categories: Espial, Sharp Corp, Kirk Edwardson, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
HbbTV Association announces Asian symposium
May 27, 2014 – The HbbTV Association has announced the 'HbbTV Symposium: Asia'. The conference is to take place on June 18th at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Singapore during the Broadcast Asia and CommunicAsia 2014 tradeshows.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Régis Saint Girons, Kirk Edwardson, Asia, ConnecTechAsia, HbbTV, Singapore
Espial to demo HTML5 UI at RDK User Conference
Feb 5, 2014 – Espial has announced that it will show a high performance HTML5 TV user experience demo on multiple RDK IP and hybrid set-top boxes (STB) for attendees of the upcoming RDK User Conference in Denver, Colorado.
News categories: Espial, RDK Management, Kirk Edwardson, Cable TV, HTML5, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Espial Brings Advanced HTML5 Solutions to TV Connect
Mar 13, 2013 – Espial has announced that it will showcase a comprehensive range of multiscreen television solutions at TV Connect, March 19-21 in London. Visitors to the Espial stand 233 will see its agile IP video delivery system and advanced HTML5 set-top box (STB) client.
News categories: Espial, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Espial Optimizes Espial MediaBase for MPEG-DASH Streaming
Oct 2, 2012 – Espial has announced that the company's Espial MediaBase on-demand video platform now supports MPEG-DASH, a new adaptive streaming protocol that is being rapidly adopted across the pay-TV industry.
News categories: Espial, DASH Industry Forum, Middleware, OTT
- Cinedigm partners with Vewd for global OTT channel distribution
- 3SS and Technicolor upgrade Com Hem Tv Hub to Android P
- Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
- Applicaster Quick Brick Framework speeds video app development
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy