Digital TV News: Lorenz Glatz
Kabel Deutschland joins RDK community
Feb 11, 2014 – Kabel Deutschland has announced that it has licensed the Reference Design Kit from RDK Management aimed at accelerating the development of in-home devices and video services.
News categories: RDK Management, Kabel Deutschland, Lorenz Glatz, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Licensing, RDK, Set Top Box
Kabel Deutschland begins DVB-C2 trials in Berlin, Hamburg and Munich
Jun 5, 2013 – Kabel Deutschland has announced that it has launched a DVB-C2 pilot service in Berlin, Hamburg and Munich. The modulation used in the trial has a 46% higher spectral efficiency than DVB-C, allowing improved services to be offered at the same signal level.
News categories: Kabel Deutschland, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-C2, Germany, Set Top Box
ARRIS Enables Kabel Deutschland to Achieve a World Record 4.7 Gbit/s Downstream Throughput Speed
May 31, 2012 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) has announced that Kabel Deutschland has successfully field tested the combination of a EuroDOCSIS™ 3.0-based ARRIS C4® CMTS and 12 ARRIS Touchstone® Cable Modem CM820S' to deliver 4.7 Gbit/s of aggregated data throughput downstream.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Kabel Deutschland, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Germany
ARRIS to Display DVB-C2 Broadcast at Cable Congress 2012
Feb 15, 2012 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) has announced its participation at this year's Cable Congress. ARRIS will present a live demonstration of how the ARRIS D5® Universal Edge QAM can support DVB-C2 broadcast and VOD in conjunction with Kabel Deutschland and Sony.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DVB-C2
ReDeSign shows first public live transmission of DVB-C2
May 4, 2010 – The ReDeâˆ«ign Project demonstrates the world's first public DVB-C2 live transmission at ANGA Cable 2010. The event marks an important milestone with respect to the introduction of the new technology in European broadband cable networks.
News categories: ReDeâˆ«ign, ANGA COM, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2
KDG Selects NDS as End-to-end Solution Provider
Apr 30, 2009 – NDS has announced that KDG has selected NDS as end-to-end solution provider to enhance its digital TV platform. KDG operates cable networks in 13 German states and supplies services to approximately 9 million connected households in Germany.
News categories: NDS Group, KDG, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Disney+ already at 50 million subscribers
- Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
- Vodafone selects Synamedia for global cloud TV platform
- Neustar and iSpot.tv unify TV and digital attribution
- Comscore and JW Player partner on contextual targeting for video advertising
- Taiwan Broadband Communications adds HBO GO
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- KT to build IPTV service for 3BB TV in Thailand
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report