Digital TV News: Macrovision
Next-Generation Digital Set-Top Boxes will be able to Play Content from Other Devices in the Home
Jan 17, 2008 – Samsung Electronics and Macrovision® (NASDAQ:MVSN) are bringing together their technologies to create next-generation set-top boxes with the capability of downloading, finding and managing digital content seamlessly throughout the home.
News categories: Macrovision, Samsung Electronics, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
CinemaNow and Macrovision Collaborate to Deliver Premium Online Video Entertainment to Consumer Electronics Devices
Jan 3, 2008 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) and CinemaNow have announced that the two companies have integrated their technologies to enable consumers to acquire premium video content and download it directly from CinemaNow to Macrovision-enabled consumer electronics devices.
News categories: Macrovision, CinemaNow, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
DLNA to Showcase Digital Lifestyle Scenarios at CES
Dec 20, 2007 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) will be showcasing digital networking demonstrations inside a 42' Fleetwood Revolution LE luxury motor home in the central plaza in front of the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC) during CES.
News categories: DLNA, CES2021, Media Player, Smart Home
Macrovision Agrees to Acquire Gemstar-TV Guide
Dec 7, 2007 – Macrovision Corporation (NASDAQ: MVSN) and Gemstar-TV Guide International, Inc. (NASDAQ: GMST) have announced a definitive agreement for Macrovision to acquire Gemstar-TV Guide in a cash and stock transaction.
News categories: Macrovision, Gemstar-TV Guide, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Optical Disc Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Macrovision to Acquire Blu-ray Disc Security Technology from Cryptography Research, Inc.
Nov 19, 2007 – Macrovision (Nasdaq: MVSN) has announced that it has signed a definitive agreement with Cryptography Research Inc. (CRI) to acquire their SPDC™ (Self-Protecting Digital Content) technology, which forms the basis of BD+, a key element of Blu-ray's content security platform.
News categories: Macrovision, Cryptography Research, Inc., Blu-ray, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, DVD, MnA
Macrovision's Network Media Player Software Tests Compliant with New DLNA Expanded Certification Program
Oct 3, 2007 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced that its Network Media Player Software, tested on a media player with NXP Semiconductors' PNX1500 media processor chip, is compliant with the expanded Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) Networked Device Interoperability Guidelines Certification and Logo Program.
News categories: Macrovision, NXP, Digital Living Network Alliance, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Software
Pace demonstrates standards-based whole home digital TV using DLNA
Sep 7, 2007 – Pace Micro Technology (LSE:PIC) has announced that it will be joined at IBC by Macrovision to demonstrate how operators can use Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) specifications to enable a whole home multiroom offering for their subscribers.
News categories: Digital TV, DRM, DVR, IBC2020, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Thomson Debuts Next-Generation Decoding Chip for High Definition Set-Top Boxes
Aug 16, 2007 – Thomson (Euronext 18453)(NYSE:TMS) has announced it will also introduce a high-end video decoder integrated circuit (IC), Thomson 4230, at IBC 2007 (Thomson stand 1.411). Optimized for personal video recording (PVR) applications, this chip provides HD decoding for H.264, MPEG2, MPEG4, and DivX® codecs, as well as standard definition (SD) streams.
News categories: Cable TV, Content Protection, DVR, IBC2020, ICs, IPTV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Macrovision Announces Licensing Agreement with Scientific Atlanta
May 8, 2007 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced an agreement with Scientific Atlanta, to enable Scientific Atlanta to integrate Macrovision's digital home media solution into several Scientific Atlanta platforms.
News categories: Cable Modem, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0