Digital TV News: Maurice Van Riek
Telefónica deploys NAGRA content protection on Movistar IPTV worldwide
Jan 8, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Telefónica has deployed the NAGRA Security Services Platform (SSP) managing the NAGRA Connect client to secure its Movistar IPTV service and 4K Ultra HD content in multiple countries with newest STBs.
News categories: NAGRA, Telefónica, Maurice Van Riek, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Set Top Box
Novatek TV chipsets to natively support NAGRA Connect and TVkey Cloud
Jan 7, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Novatek have announced that Novatek’s next generation TV chipsets will natively support both NAGRA Connect and TVkey Cloud. NAGRA Connect and TVkey Cloud are managed from the NAGRA Cloud.SSP Security-as-a-Service platform.
News categories: NAGRA, Novatek, Maurice Van Riek, J.H. Chang, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
NAGRA and Samsung launch TVkey Cloud smart TV security
Sep 14, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), with Samsung, has announced the launch of TVkey Cloud, the next generation Enhanced Content Protection for Smart TVs equipped with TVkey hardware based root of trust. TVkey Cloud builds on the existing TVkey specification deployed in the market today.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, Maurice Van Riek, CAM, Digital TV, IBC, Smart TV, Worldwide
NAGRA offers end-to-end content value protection ecosystem for Android TV
Sep 13, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced support for Android TV with an end-to-end content value protection ecosystem. NAGRA has expanded support for Android TV via an ecosystem driven from cloud.SSP, its cloud-enabled Security Services Platform.
News categories: NAGRA, Maurice Van Riek, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, Set Top Box, Worldwide
TVkey adds forensic watermarking with NexGuard
Sep 18, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced NexGuard as the first forensic watermarking solution approved for use with TVkey. The TVkey USB dongle offers a secure way for pay TV operators to bring advanced services directly to TV sets.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, NexGuard, Maurice Van Riek, Hyogun Lee, CAM, Digital TV, IBC, Smart TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
NexGuard partners with Ericsson to launch Network ID watermarking
Sep 5, 2017 – NexGuard has announced its Network ID product, launched as a technology partnership with Ericsson, at IBC 2017. NexGuard’s Network ID solution inserts a unique invisible and robust forensic watermark in primary distribution feeds for linear TV, be it satellite or fiber.
News categories: NexGuard, Ericsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Watermarking, Worldwide
MStar announces support for Nagra's TVkey
Jan 4, 2017 – NAGRA and MStar Semiconductor have announced MStar’s plan to adopt the TVkey direct-to-TV security technology in its EMC SoCs for 4K Ultra HD HDR televisions, pending finalization of the new TVkey licensing body.
News categories: NAGRA, MStar Semi, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
NAGRA and Samsung to license TVkey technology to third parties
Jan 3, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced that they will create a corporate body to license their TVkey technology to industry stakeholders. The body will enable open market access to the solution by licensing TVkey technology to third-party chipset, TV, dongle and conditional access (CAS) vendors.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, Maurice Van Riek, JongHee Han, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, Licensing, Smart TV, Worldwide
MStar STB and TV SoCs integrate NAGRA NOCS3 security
Sep 7, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and MStar Semiconductor have announced the completion of integration of NAGRA’s NOCS3 hardware security technologies directly into MStar’s System-On-Chips (SoCs) for connected STBs and Connected TVs.
News categories: MStar Semi, NAGRA, Wayne Tsai, Maurice van Riek, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- After a period of stagnation, STB shipments on the rise again
- Kaltura and 3SS offer joint personalized Cloud TV solution
- Panasonic launches smart TV with HbbTV OpApp for HD+ in Germany
- China Central Television selects Harmonic media server for UHD playout
- Consumers moving away from traditional forms of entertainment and media consumption
- NAGRA to showcase approach to pay TV business transformation at NAB 2019
- U.S. consumers piecing together their own personalized entertainment experiences
- Involuntary cancellations a huge problem for the SVOD industry
- FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
- NCC Media connects online inventory to its TV advertising platform
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019
- NBCUniversal and Sky combine advanced advertising capabilities
- Netflix surges beyond 11 million users in Australia
- Asia Pacific OTT to generate $48 billion
- Cinedigm to acquire Future Today
- Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
- NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
- CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
- US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019
- Funimation licenses TiVo's Search, Recommendations and Insight modules