Digital TV News: Motive Television
Siyaya awarded broadcasting licence in South Africa
Nov 19, 2014 – Motive Television has said that is has been informed by Siyaya Free To Air TV of South Africa that Siyaya has received an official letter from ICASA advising that Siyaya TV has fully met ICASA's licensing terms.
News categories: Motive Television, ICASA, Leonard M Fertig, Regulation, Satellite, South Africa
Marketing begins for Tablet TV launch in the U.S.
Oct 15, 2014 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV.LN) has announced that its 50% owned joint venture, Tablet Television (TTV), is launching its marketing campaign in San Francisco, supporting a product launch in time for Christmas 2014.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Luc Tomasino, Apps, Digital TV, Tablet, Terrestrial, USA
HbbTV Association announces Asian symposium
May 27, 2014 – The HbbTV Association has announced the 'HbbTV Symposium: Asia'. The conference is to take place on June 18th at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Singapore during the Broadcast Asia and CommunicAsia 2014 tradeshows.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Régis Saint Girons, Kirk Edwardson, Asia, ConnecTechAsia, HbbTV, Singapore
Motive TV signs software contract with Skyworth
Apr 17, 2014 – Motive Television has announced that it has signed a Software Development License Agreement with Skyworth who will be supplying set top boxes in support of the Siyaya DTH service in South Africa.
News categories: Motive Television, Skyworth, Leonard M Fertig, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
DTG Testing scheduled for Freeview Tablet TV UK
Apr 10, 2014 – Motive Television has announced that it has received confirmation that testing of its technology for Freeview Tablet TV by the Digital Technology Group will begin on 28 April.
News categories: Motive Television, DTG Testing, Leonard M Fertig, Tablet, Terrestrial, UK
Motive begins installations for FreeVision DTH in South Africa
Mar 27, 2014 – Motive Television has announce that it has begun the installation of its Content Express™ platform in South Africa in accordance with the contract signed in December 2013 with Siyaya Free To Air TV.
News categories: Motive Television, Sentech, FreeVision, Skyworth, Leonard M Fertig, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
Motive Television STB deployment exceeds expectations in Turkey
Jan 16, 2014 – Motive Television has been informed by Digiturk that during 2013 approximately 115,000 set-top boxes containing Motive's technology were provided to subscriber homes.
News categories: Motive Television, Digiturk, Leonard M Fertig, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
Tablet TV progresses toward commercial launch in the US
Jan 14, 2014 – Motive Television has announced the signing of an MOU with Ecopro to develop and produce T-Pod digital terrestrial TV dongles to specifications developed by Motive for use in Tablet Television in the United States.
News categories: Motive Television, Granite Television, Ecopro, Leonard M Fertig, Peter Markham, Apps, ATSC, Digital TV, Tablet, Terrestrial, USA
Motive Television signs contract with South Africa's Siyaya TV
Dec 30, 2013 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV.LN) has announced that it will install, integrate, and operate Siyaya's VOD platform in conjunction with the launch of Siyaya's TV services on the Sentech Freevision DTH satellite service in South Africa.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Content Distribution, Satellite, South Africa
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service