Digital TV News: Sofia Digital
Sofia Digital showcases HbbTV OpApp at HbbTV Symposium
Nov 19, 2018 – At the 7th HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2018, Sofia Digital partnered with SERAPHIC and Panasonic to show an OpApp demo. The demo was displayed on a Panasonic Smart TV and on Skyworth Digital’s OpApp-compliant STB.
News categories: Sofia Digital, SERAPHIC, Mika Kanerva, Xinwen Xue, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
SERAPHIC to launch commercial OpApp solution at IBC2018
Sep 4, 2018 – SERAPHIC has announced that its Sraf OpApp solution, which is now ready for commercial use, will be officially launched at IBC2018. The product is compliant with Operator Application specification ETSI TS 103 606 V1.1.1 (2018-05).
News categories: SERAPHIC, Xinwen Xue, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
HbbTV Association releases free-to-use DASH DRM Reference Application
Jul 13, 2018 – The HbbTV Association has announced the release of its DASH DRM Reference Application. The DASH DRM Reference Application provides a model that makes it easier to deploy services that require HbbTV together with DRM and DASH.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Apps, Digital TV, DRM, Europe, HbbTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sofia Digital makes possible Smart TV app for Malaysia's tonton
Jun 7, 2018 – A Smart TV app for Malaysian OTT service provider tonton has been developed by Sofia Digital. The company delivered a turnkey service which included development, integration, and certification of each TV-vendor Appstore submission process.
News categories: Sofia Digital, tonton, Mika Kanerva, Airin Zainu, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Smart TV
Sofia Digital implements reference video streaming app for HbbTV Association
May 17, 2017 – The HbbTV Association has chosen Sofia Digital to implement a reference application and provide sample content for online streaming of DRM protected video to HbbTV enabled televisions and set-top boxes.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Sofia Digital, Klaus Illgner, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Worldwide
Toggle Red Button HbbTV trial begins in Singapore
May 31, 2016 – Toggle has launched a new service, Toggle Red Button. The service is based on a hybrid technology known as Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV). Mediacorp, the company that runs Toggle, is the first in Asia to deploy HbbTV technology.
News categories: Mediacorp, Sofia Digital, Anil Nihalani, Digital TV, HbbTV, Singapore, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Sofia Digital provides HbbTV solution to Malaysia's RTM
Mar 11, 2016 – Sofia Digital has announced that, with Malaysian company NU-SECURE NET-360, it has been awarded a contract to provide an HbbTV solution for Radio Televisyen Malaysia (RTM), in preparation for Malaysia's DVB-T2 DTT launch.
News categories: Sofia Digital, Radio Televisyen Malaysia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
Sofia Digital to deliver HbbTV support for DELTA Cloud TV deployment
Sep 11, 2015 – Sofia Digital, together with Booxmedia, has announced a contract with DELTA of the Netherlands, to provide, install and maintain a multiscreen cloud TV solution. As part of the project Sofia Digital will deliver HbbTV support.
News categories: Sofia Digital, Booxmedia, DELTA, Digital TV, HbbTV, Mobile, Netherlands, OTT
Ruutu HbbTV 1.5 online video service launched in Finland
Aug 13, 2015 – A collaboration between Nelonen Media, Digita and Sofia Digital has brought the online video service 'Ruutu' to the Finnish terrestrial TV network. Viewers tuned to the Digita network with an HbbTV 1.5 activated receiver have been able to use the service since June 24th.
News categories: Nelonen Media, Digita, Sofia Digital, Ruutu, Kai Taka-Aho, Digital TV, Finland, HbbTV, Terrestrial
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption