Digital TV News: Sofia Digital
DVB releases free Reference Client for DVB-I services
Apr 22, 2020 – DVB has announced that an open source reference client for DVB-I is now available. Developed in collaboration with Sofia Digital, the reference client and related materials are released under the open source MIT license.
News categories: DVB Project, Sofia Digital, Emily Dubs, Mika Kanerva, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Malaysia completes switch to digital TV with Sofia Digital
Dec 18, 2019 – Sofia Digital has announced that MYTV Broadcasting, the company sanctioned by the government to build and operate the DTT infrastructure for analogue switch-off in Malaysia, is equipped with Sofia Digital’s DVB headend technology.
News categories: Sofia Digital, MYTV Broadcasting, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
Sofia Digital showcases HbbTV OpApp at HbbTV Symposium
Nov 19, 2018 – At the 7th HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2018, Sofia Digital partnered with SERAPHIC and Panasonic to show an OpApp demo. The demo was displayed on a Panasonic Smart TV and on Skyworth Digital’s OpApp-compliant STB.
News categories: Sofia Digital, SERAPHIC, Mika Kanerva, Xinwen Xue, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
SERAPHIC to launch commercial OpApp solution at IBC2018
Sep 4, 2018 – SERAPHIC has announced that its Sraf OpApp solution, which is now ready for commercial use, will be officially launched at IBC2018. The product is compliant with Operator Application specification ETSI TS 103 606 V1.1.1 (2018-05).
News categories: SERAPHIC, Xinwen Xue, Apps, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
HbbTV Association releases free-to-use DASH DRM Reference Application
Jul 13, 2018 – The HbbTV Association has announced the release of its DASH DRM Reference Application. The DASH DRM Reference Application provides a model that makes it easier to deploy services that require HbbTV together with DRM and DASH.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Apps, Digital TV, DRM, Europe, HbbTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sofia Digital makes possible Smart TV app for Malaysia's tonton
Jun 7, 2018 – A Smart TV app for Malaysian OTT service provider tonton has been developed by Sofia Digital. The company delivered a turnkey service which included development, integration, and certification of each TV-vendor Appstore submission process.
News categories: Sofia Digital, tonton, Mika Kanerva, Airin Zainu, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Smart TV
Sofia Digital implements reference video streaming app for HbbTV Association
May 17, 2017 – The HbbTV Association has chosen Sofia Digital to implement a reference application and provide sample content for online streaming of DRM protected video to HbbTV enabled televisions and set-top boxes.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Sofia Digital, Klaus Illgner, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Worldwide
Toggle Red Button HbbTV trial begins in Singapore
May 31, 2016 – Toggle has launched a new service, Toggle Red Button. The service is based on a hybrid technology known as Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV). Mediacorp, the company that runs Toggle, is the first in Asia to deploy HbbTV technology.
News categories: Mediacorp, Sofia Digital, Anil Nihalani, Digital TV, HbbTV, Singapore, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Sofia Digital provides HbbTV solution to Malaysia's RTM
Mar 11, 2016 – Sofia Digital has announced that, with Malaysian company NU-SECURE NET-360, it has been awarded a contract to provide an HbbTV solution for Radio Televisyen Malaysia (RTM), in preparation for Malaysia's DVB-T2 DTT launch.
News categories: Sofia Digital, Radio Televisyen Malaysia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5