Brazil (Brasil) Digital TV News
Ateme helps Fórum SBTVD choose video coding system for TV 3.0 standard
Mar 10, 2022 – Ateme has announced that the Brazilian Terrestrial Television System Forum (Fórum SBTVD) used its TITAN Live solution to select VVC as the sole mandatory video coding system for the countries new TV 3.0 broadcasting standard.
News categories: Ateme, Fórum SBTVD, Mickael Raulet, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
MwareTV to demonstrate content delivery solution at Andina Link
Mar 1, 2022 – MwareTV is to exhibit at Andina Link (8–10 March) in Columbia, the trade fair in Latin America for TV and telecoms technology. MwareTV's presence follows on from two major wins in the region: at MultTV and ISTV in Brazil.
News categories: MwareTV, ISTV, Sander Kerstens, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
MwareTV integrates Irdeto DRM for MultTV in Brazil
Feb 22, 2022 – Irdeto has announced that its Irdeto Control DRM solution has been integrated into MwareTV's IPTV/OTT distribution platform. The first implementation of Irdeto with MwareTV will be rolled out at shared services provider MultTV in Brazil.
News categories: MwareTV, Irdeto, MultTV, Sander Kerstens, Doug Lowther, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV
ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
Jan 18, 2022 – The ATSC has announced that the SBTVD Forum has recommended to the Brazilian government the selection of several technologies proposed by ATSC for Brazil's next-generation terrestrial digital television standard.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, SBTVD Forum, Madeleine Noland, Skip Pizzi, ATSC 3, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
Jan 17, 2022 – The SBTVD Forum has completed the technical evaluation phase of its TV 3.0 Project aimed at defining Bazil's next-generation TV platform. In the end, MPEG-H Audio was selected as the sole mandatory audio codec for the system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Ateme, SBTVD Forum, Adrian Murtaza, Mickaël Raulet, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Watch Brazil expands streaming TV service reach with Kaltura
Dec 17, 2021 – Kaltura has announced that Watch Brazil has launched its streaming TV service, Watch, powered by Kaltura and hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Watch went live in Spring 2021 with 90 linear channels delivered by Kaltura on AWS.
News categories: Kaltura, Watch Brazil, Amazon Web Services, Nuno Sanches, Maurício Almeida, Anil Hinduja, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
rlaxx TV available for iOS and iPadOS
Dec 8, 2021 – rlaxx TV continues its global expansion with the launch of an app for iOS and iPadOS devices. The achievement is part of the goal to be available on almost every internet- and video-enabled device by the end of the year.
News categories: rlaxx TV, Ronny Lutzi, Apps, Australia, Brazil, Digital TV, Europe, New Zealand, Smartphone, Tablet, Turkey
Globoplay app for Philips and AOC TVs via partnership with ZEASN
Nov 2, 2021 – ZEASN has announced a partnership with Globo. As part of the deal, the biggest Brazilian streaming service, Globoplay, has been made available via a native solution on the latest Philips and AOC smart TVs.
News categories: ZEASN, TPV, Globo, Jason He, Eduardo Brunoro, Fernando Ramos, Apps, Brazil, Smart TV, Streaming
MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
Oct 18, 2021 – MwareTV has announced the formation of a partnership with shared services provider MultTV. Based in Brazil, MultTV will offer MwareTV's IPTV/OTT platform to its Brazilian ISPs as well as other service providers.
News categories: MwareTV, MultTV, Sander Kerstens, Luiz Gewers, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion