Germany: Consumer Electronics market displays sound growth in the first half of 2011
Aug 22, 2011 – Results from the latest Consumer Electronics Market Index (CEMIX) show that the industry continues to grow. In the first half of the year, the market demonstrated a value increase of 4.3% compared to HY1 2010.
News categories: GfK, Camcorder, DVD, Gaming, Germany, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Consumer Electronic WLAN-Enabled Unit Shipments to Surpass 419 Million by 2015
Jun 28, 2011 – Though the WLAN attach rate of stationary CE devices remains relatively low in comparison to their portable counterparts, the size of the combined WLAN-enabled CE markets will surpass 419 million units shipped by 2015, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, DVR, Gaming, Gateway, In-Car, Market Research, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
Wi-Fi Direct-Enabled Digital Televisions Will Approach 80 Million by 2015
Jun 2, 2011 – The first applications to adopt Wi-Fi Direct include mobile PCs, mobile phones, and digital televisions (DTVs). The main display in most homes will be a key target and In-Stat forecasts that by 2015 nearly 80 million DTVs will be Wi-Fi Direct-enabled.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Digital TV, DVD, Gaming, Market Research, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
More Than A Third of U.S. Homes Will Buy 3DTV in Next Three Years
Mar 21, 2011 – Ownership of 3DTVs will accelerate rapidly over the next three years, according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics. The report predicts that 34 percent of US homes will own a 3D-ready TV by 2014.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Digital TV, Europe, Gaming, Market Research, Portable, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, USA, Video Exchange, VR
Consumer Connected Device Shipments Set to Reach 712 Million Units, According to Infinite Research
Mar 8, 2011 – Infinite Research has announced the publication of its Global Consumer Connected Device Market Forecast. Consumer connected devices are set to see rapid adoption over the next 5 years, with total shipments growing exponentially.
News categories: Infinite Research, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Digital TV, DVD, Gaming, Market Research, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
Consumer Electronics Market Boosted by Connected Home Products in 2011
Jan 25, 2011 – Global unit shipments of CE products will climb 2.6 percent in 2010, partly driven by rising sales of products that play a role in the connected home and that focus on usability - rather than technological wizardry, according to IHS iSuppli.
News categories: iSuppli, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Digital TV, DVD, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Digital Video Applications Propel Hard Disk Drive Market
Jan 13, 2011 – The demand for gigabytes and terabytes of storage from PC users, game enthusiasts, and TV entertainment folks is keeping the industry growing to the degree that In-Stat forecasts HDD unit shipments will increase to over 1 billion units by 2014.
News categories: In-Stat, Camcorder, DVR, Home Server, Market Research
Looxcie Announces Wearable Video Recording Now Available In Full VGA
Jan 5, 2011 – Looxcie has announced the availability of LooxcieCam™, a mobile application that lets Looxcie wearable camcorder users record high-quality 30 frames per second (fps) video in full 480p.
News categories: Looxcie, Camcorder, Social TV
Ambarella iOne Camera Applications Processor Enables a New Class of Android™-Based Smart Cameras
Dec 22, 2010 – Ambarella has announced the availability of the iOne System-on-Chip (SoC), bringing advanced HD camera and multimedia capabilities to the Android platform.
News categories: Ambarella, Camcorder, ICs, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor, Streaming, VR
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way