Content Protection (conditional access, DRM, watermarking, …) News
Viaccess-Orca supports launch of Orange Belgium's new OTT services
Apr 7, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Orange Belgium has launched its new TV service with VO's Secure Video Player. VO's Secure Video Player is deployed on TV decoders and mobile apps, assuring a superior QoE on every screen.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Orange, Benoit Brieussel, Guillaume Ducellier, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, Media Player, Mobile, Set Top Box
Friend MTS to provide anti-piracy services to UEFA
Apr 7, 2022 – Friend MTS has been appointed by UEFA to provide anti-piracy services for UEFA competitions. Friend MTS will provide services, including monitoring and enforcement, to combat piracy in all its forms (other than on social media).
News categories: Friend MTS, UEFA, Jonathan Friend, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe
Thaicom and AWS to build cloud-based satellite TV broadcast platform
Mar 31, 2022 – Thaicom (SET: THCOM) has signed an agreement with AWS that includes the building of a cloud-based satellite TV broadcast distribution platform for the Asia Pacific region based on AWS Elemental media services.
News categories: Thaicom, Amazon Web Services, Patompob (Nile) Suwansiri, Clint Crosier, Asia, Content Protection, Digital TV
GTPL Hathway selects Verimatrix to secure Android TV rollout
Mar 24, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris:VMX) has announced that GTPL Hathway has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) to protect its DVB Hybrid network for millions of Google Android TV-based devices.
News categories: Verimatrix, GTPL Hathway, Asaf Ashkenazi, Anirudhsinh Jadeja, Android TV, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
DoubleVerify exposes 'ViperBot' CTV ad fraud scheme
Mar 24, 2022 – DoubleVerify (NYSE: DV) has announced the discovery of 'ViperBot', an advertising fraud scheme that attempts to steal over $8 million each month in ad spend across connected television (CTV) and mobile video.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Mark Zagorski, Jack Smith, Advertising, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Verimatrix selected to safeguard Alphazet streaming service
Mar 17, 2022 – Verimatrix [Paris:VMX] has announced that Alphazet Technologies has selected Verimatrix Streamkeeper DRM to securely deliver its iTV app. Featuring more than 90 TV channels, the app also offers films, series and cartoons – across numerous platforms.
News categories: Verimatrix, Alphazet Technologies, Asaf Ashkenazi, Yakhyobek Abdullaev, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Uzbekistan
Friend MTS extends anti-piracy protection deal with Novasports in Greece
Mar 16, 2022 – Friend MTS has extended its relationship with United Media to provide anti-piracy services for Novasports channels in Greece. The linear sports channels are protected against content theft and piracy by Friend MTS's global monitoring services.
News categories: Friend MTS, United Media, Jonathan Friend, Duško Martić, Content Protection, Digital TV, Greece, Streaming
HISPASAT and NAGRA to launch wholesale OTT service in Latin America
Mar 9, 2022 – HISPASAT has made an agreement with NAGRA to develop a wholesale OTT TV solution. The service will enable pay TV operators, ISPs and regional content companies to offer multiscreen entertainment without having to roll out their own infrastructure.
News categories: Nagra, Hispasat, Nancy Goldberg, Javier Izquierdo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Latin America, Middleware, Satellite, Streaming, UX
Aniview renews bot attack safeguarding partnership with HUMAN
Mar 7, 2022 – Aniview and HUMAN Security have renewed their partnership to help Aniview protect its customers’ inventory from sophisticated automated cybersecurity risks via the use of HUMAN's MediaGuard advertising fraud product.
News categories: HUMAN Security, Aniview, Alessandro Pireno, Alon Carmel, Advertising, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK