Ecuador (Equador) Digital TV News
Univisa to launch DTH TV in Ecuador with Hansen Technologies
Sep 12, 2014 – Hansen Technologies (ASX: HSN) has announced that Univisa has signed a 5-year license agreement to use Hansen’s ICC Customer Care and Billing Solution for its soon-to-be-launched Direct-To-Home (DTH) pay TV operation in Ecuador.
News categories: Univisa, Hansen Technologies, Roberto De la Cruz, Andrew Hansen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ecuador, Satellite
In Latin America 51% of cable TV subscribers are digital
Sep 12, 2014 – BB-MEDIA Business Bureau has produced indices of the rate of conversion to digital of pay TV operators in Latin America. Overall little more than half of subscribers to cable TV have a digital service.
News categories: Business Bureau, Horacio Gennari, Christian Peralta, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
Ecuavisa launches HD DTT with ATEME
Aug 26, 2014 – ATEME has announced that Ecuavisa, the leading free-to-air broadcaster in Ecuador, has selected ATEME's Kyrion encoders to launch its high-definition digital terrestrial service.
News categories: ATEME, Ecuavisa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ecuador, Terrestrial
DIRECTV leads Ecuador's pay TV market in 2Q 2014
Aug 19, 2014 – Ecuador’s Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones (SUPERTEL) has released pay TV statistics for the top 10 pay TV operators in the country to the end of June 2014. DIRECTV's satellite service had the largest subscriber share at 35%.
News categories: SUPERTEL, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ecuador, Satellite, Subscribers
DIRECTV US down 34,000 subscribers; DTVLA up 543,000 in 2Q 2014
Jul 31, 2014 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) has reported second quarter 2014 results. DIRECTV U.S. net subscriber loss was 34 thousand. Sky Brasil and PanAmericana achieved record-breaking gross subscriber additions resulting in DTVLA net customer additions of 543,000.
News categories: DIRECTV, DIRECTV Latin America, Sky Mexico, Sky Brasil, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Ecuador, Latin America, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela
Ecuador's CNT TV ends June with 228,188 subscribers
Jul 11, 2014 – Ecuador's Corporación Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CNT) has said that it ended June with 228,188 subscribers to its CNT TV service. The service, which launched two and a half years ago now has 18% of the market.
News categories: CNT, Ecuador, Satellite, Subscribers
Ecuador pay TV subscribers pass the 1 million mark in 1Q 2014
Jun 3, 2014 – Ecuador’s Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones (SUPERTEL) has released pay TV statistics for the country at the end of March 2014. There were 1,040,200 subscribers in the Republic at that date.
News categories: SUPERTEL, Cable TV, Ecuador, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
DIRECTV US adds 12,000 subscribers; DTVLA adds 361,000 in 1Q 2014
May 6, 2014 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) has reported first quarter 2014 results. DIRECTV U.S. net subscriber additions at 12,000 were lower than the prior year period. DTVLA net additions of 361,000 were also lower than the prior year.
News categories: DIRECTV, DIRECTV Latin America, Sky Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Latin America, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela
Ecuador adds 443 thousand pay TV subscribers in 2013
Mar 5, 2014 – Ecuador’s Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones (SUPERTEL) has released pay TV statistics for the country at the end of December 2013. There were 944 thousand subscribers in the Republic at that date, up from 501 thousand at the end of 2012.
News categories: SUPERTEL, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ecuador, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0