Market Research (Reports, Surveys, Forecasts, Subscribers, …) News
Megacable video subscribers up 83,000 in 4Q 2022
Feb 23, 2023 – Megacable (BMV: MEGA.CPO) has announced results for the fourth quarter of 2022 and full-year 2022. The company's Video Segment ended with 3,675,615 subscribers, up 83,000 versus the previous quarter.
News categories: Megacable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
NPAW streaming report shows daily per-service user engagement continues to drop
Mar 1, 2023 – NPAW has released its 2022 Video Streaming Industry Report. The study reveals that although global streaming adoption continues to grow, individual services on average are capturing a smaller share of users' daily watching time.
News categories: NPAW, Ferran G. Vilaró, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
TCL ranked global top 2 TV brand by Omdia
Feb 22, 2023 – TCL has announced its latest ranking of Global Top 2 TV Brand according to OMDIA's Global TV sets report 2022. The data also suggests that TCL remained No.1 in global 98-inch TV market share.
News categories: TCL, Omdia, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
FuboTV generated over $1 billion in revenue in 2022
Feb 27, 2023 – FuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) has announced results for the period ended December 31, 2022. For the year, annual revenue passed $1 billion for the first time. Full net loss for FY22 was -$561.9 million.
News categories: FuboTV, Digital TV, France, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Global SVOD revenues to reach $124 billion in 2028
Feb 27, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, global SVOD revenues will reach $124 billion by 2028, up from $99 billion in 2022. The US will add $5 billion of the $25 billion additional revenues between 2022 and 2028.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
TVision releases latest State of CTV Advertising report
Feb 23, 2023 – TVision has released its semi-annual CTV advertising' report, revealing how viewers engage with apps, which combination of apps can extend an advertiser's reach, and how to accurately value impressions.
News categories: TVision, Yan Liu, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Three million subscribers globally for BritBox
Feb 22, 2023 – BritBox has reached a milestone of three million subscribers across the international markets in which its streaming service is available – the U.S., Canada, Australia, South Africa, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland.
News categories: BritBox, Reemah Sakaan, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
AVOD driving North American OTT growth
Feb 24, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, North American OTT TV revenues will reach $107 billion in 2028, up from $74 billion in 2022. The US will contribute $30 billion of the $33 billion in growth, with Canada supplying the rest.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, North America, Streaming
DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 268,000 in 4Q 2022
Feb 23, 2023 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending December 31, 2022. Net pay-TV subscribers decreased 268,000 in the quarter, compared to a decrease of approximately 273,000 in the year-ago quarter.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server
- Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
- Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
- Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
- HbbTV releases new version of core specification
- PCTV scales up video services across Latin America with Eutelsat
- Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
- MwareTV to offer a fully managed IPTV service in the US
- Aferian provides trading update